ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 'what brake pads?' thread

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
As above, looking for something to replace the ebc deathstuffs I currently have fitted. They're just for road use as I have RC5's for track. Just after something that bites reasonably well and will actually stop the car lol.

Thinking Renault pads @ about £40 or Mintex 1144 @ £60 maybe? Anything else worth considering? I'm thinking the 1144's may be a bit of a waste as I don't tend to hammer the brakes an awful lot on the road however I'd rather pay the extra if oem pads are s**te!

Cheers in advance :approve:

RenaultSport 172
I'm not sure what other people's opinions are of greenstuff, but I will never use them again, utterly useless pad.

I bought an evo with them fitted, and the actual pad material melted to the disc!!!

Pug 205 gti
I'm not sure what other people's opinions are of greenstuff, but I will never use them again, utterly useless pad.

I bought an evo with them fitted, and the actual pad material melted to the disc!!!

I had greenstuff's on my pulsar an they were shocking, never again!
Renault pads should be fine for the road

Also use to have GreenStuff fitted to mine, had a spirited drive chasing a certain someone on here over the Cat&Fiddle and cooked my brakes. When I took the pads a couple of days later the material literally fell off the metal backing plate. I'd never use GreenStuff pads ever again.

I went for DS2500 pads, really rate them and seen to last well too.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i run DS2500's on mine and have never had a problem but expect quite a bit of brake dust......but that's a small price to pay for the impressive stopping power in my book - it rather have dirty wheels than a smashed up front end! lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I've gone back to OE pads from EBC Shitestuffs. Worked fine on track for me as well.

As long as you have adequate cooling and don't drive like a noob i.e overdoing it, then the OE pads stand up well on track.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Never had a problem with the greens on mine, they've lasted ages as well.

Might try Yellowstuff next.