ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another whinning noise

Monaco 172 sport
Over night my 2002 172 has developed a whining noise. At Idle in neutral the whine is quiet , rev the engine and noise gets louder. Checked PAS fluid lvl thats ok but still thinking PAS pump, Aux pulleys or alternator anyone else got any ideas? May have to go to Birchdown!!

PH1 172 Sport
Kit is around £130 from memory then you can either fit it yourself or pay someone to do it. Your probably looking at £250 all in if you get someone to do it. What age is the car and what mileage is it on?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Got exactly the same problem, PAS fluid etc fine, whiny upon revving and quiet when idle. really irritating! bought an aux belt kit from Ktec (£140 inc post), having it fitted thursday, will let you know how i get on!

Monaco 172 sport
The car is a 2002 172 with 89K on it. Price is not to bad i guess but not needed right now. Didnt have the Aux done when i had the cam belt done either. Furnace let me know how ya do

R26
Bit of an old thread but did this fix the problem?

I ask cause I had exactly the same thing, went into K-tech for a full Cam belt kit and aux belt (only the belt though, not tensioner) the other day and voila, the noise has disappeared. Must have been cambelt/aux belt related so worth checking out if you have the same problem!