ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANPR Systems

ITB BG 182
Who sells these systems and does anyone know what sort of price would some one be looking at for buying.
Reason i ask is a few of the places i visit have asked me to get a price if possible on an ANPR type system.
It's mainly when the parking levy comes in force the work place wants to know who has parked on site how many times of the year to charge them the correct amount.
It would be for 300-900 cars on a daily basis under an automated system.

ITB BG 182
Both sites have said they need to come to site to give a quote on the actual system, i need to find some one that has a starting price and some where i can give them a web address to the system so they can look into it further on their own.

Track 172cup
dealt with Pips Tech before and their quite good, there was another company i had a few dealings with a couple of years ago that were really good and were going to tailor a system perfectly for us but can't for the life of me think who it was

most of them will be reluctant to give you a price without them sending a rep out to give you a presentation (not always a bad thing if you can endure their crap) but you could just invite your client aswell, 2 birds, 1 stone and all that ?

if not then just send them an e-mail with roughly what your looking for and they might be able to give you a very rough cost of the equipment needed

2.2 bar shed.
www.lde.co.uk

Give 01666800800 a ring anytime and they'll get someone to get back to you in the morning. Tell Sam Pegler sent you as well and you might be able to blag a better deal.

ITB BG 182
Cheers Sam.
Gumby we already have a fob / intercom system in but its had alot of problems where people have more than one car and have handed the fob out to others that are not usually allowed to park on site.
They even had talks about putting a parking meter onsite and charging 50p shift as that then is your £180 per year. But most of them have said they would not pay the extra for the security lads to have clamping licenses on site and clamp staff cars that dont have a paid ticket.

With an ANPR system it will register every car that comes on site and automatically work out how many times a day/week/month or year to then charge said member of staff. All the security lads would have to do then is make sure only people with permits are allowed on site and everyone else told to do one.

DCi
we have a fob intercom system and the barrier is pants, im fairly certain if you go under it when it's coming down a safety thing sends it up and people just follow you into the staff car park.

i'd quite like to go to our senior managers and go 'if you're willing to spend ____ then you can have an ANPR system' would be quite cool - I'll keep an eye on this ;)

ITB BG 182
So what if someone has a couple of cars? Or borrows different car a lot?

Could make tracking and permit-checking tricky lol

Staff here know that if they show up in a new car or some ones car that they borrow and it does not have a site parking permit then they are not allowed onsite.
They also know if they try and pull a fast one with the security guard like using an old permit from their previous car then still they wont get away with it. Each car is on a computer data based system, listing reg's, make's, model's and colour and also on the permit is the car reg and member of staff's clock card number. IF one of these does not match up then they are not allowed onsite and are asked to park on the road, or the members of staff that get abusive towards me F'ing an blinding at me get the same in return.

The ANPR system would be to just clock every car in and put on a logged data base to charge the correct member of staff with how many times they have parked onsite.
Oh and they are on about charging £1 per shift/entry at the start to cover the cost of the ANPR system. 300ppl x 3 shifts x £1 = £900 per day. Obv minus the parking levvy after it.

1.5dci
at our college the permit was only for the car it was applied for, if you bought another car in then you could use your parking authorised swipe card at the gate to open it, but as soon as you parked you had to go to the front desk and fill in a form with all your normal car details and the car you had instead.

Was a gd system, although i had to do it quite often due to not having a car of my own and being on the family's pool of cars.

atleast those days i could borrow another one though, some mornings i would find they'd all already been taken, so i couldn't get to college for part of the day, that was a pain

ITB BG 182
That's obscene lol
Its not when you think about it, the lowest quote we have had for a system to be installed with a maintenance agreement and training comes to well over 15k to start, theres 400 spaces here so that alone is going to cost the company £71460 per year under the new parking levvy so that plus the cost of the starting price on an ANPR system comes to £86,640 and that is also not including the extra security which will cost the company £400 per week (1 man more) So now over £100k i think.

So them charging staff who park onsite £1 per shift when the local park and ride is £2 per day will repay itself in 8 months, thats if it is running full lines and if its not it could only mean 300 people a day.