ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti-roll bar help... Quickly.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Jacked up back of my Mk2 Ph1 Clio (1.2 8v) cause i thought backbox was blowing. It wasn't. But when i glanced along the underneath of the car, i realised that the driver's side of the anti-roll bar was sticking down about 4 inches!

It makes a knocking noise from the front end also, but i assume this to be bush related, which will be sorted in next few weeks.

It's fairly high mileage, being just over 108,000. But other than the above mentioned, and the usuall odd interior rattle its perfect. (When you forget the sometimes noisy 'clicking' synchro going into 3rd).

Somebody please be technicall and tell me exactly whats needed to refit/repair this. I'm assuming a nut and some new bushes/washers will do?

Lionel Richie
this bush you mean
IMG_1047.jpg

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I'm almost 100% certain thats the one, looks like a hole with a nut popping out of it.

Well on mine, it looks to have broken the 'spacer' between the lower arm and roll bar.

CB600FS
You can replace it pretty easily. Get a new one and get a 13mm nylock nut to go with it. Get it jacked up and on stands, get the wheel off, Pull the arm down, put the centre part in, let the arm go, put the top bush on, slide the bolt throught it, get the jack under the anti roll bar, jack it up - carefully, don't tip the car over lol. Get the bottom part on and start the nut, tighten up.

Some can be tight as hell, using grips if you can to try and squeeze the bush up whilst you attempt to start the nut. If you get stuck about how it goes refer to the other side.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Thanks mate, seems detailed enough. My Dad might drop it round his mates workshop tomoz in morning if he can do it, cause i have to be in college and he's gotta work. If not, i'll more than likely do it tomoz after college...

Thanks again boys.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
The bush is quite difficult to mount. At least the lowest part of the bush. You have to press the nut real hard to screw it back unto the bolt. The lowest part of the bush have to be pressed together lik fuc*. It can be a pain in the ***. It was to me.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Should be alrighty then, maybe changing cars soon if this one developes any more problems, we don't do old cars as a rule around here.

Apart from my Ford passion. Currently have an 18year old XR3i Cab, which is mechanically better than the Clio at present *touches wood*.

I'll let ya know how it gets on tomoz, thanks.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Just to update, my car was sorted with both sides being replaced, and just found out the driver's side nut has snapped again!!

Am i right in thinking something isn't quite right?? Seems to dodgy to be broken so soon after replacing, and being same side as last time...