ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti roll bar hitting subframe knocking

J

jarfun123

My car is lowered on collies and there is a constant knocking noise from the suspension, had the car on the ramp and everything seems ok but the anti roll bar seems very close to the subframe which could be causing the knocking. Anybody help at all?

the ARB is very close to the frame even on a standard car, so may be worth renewing the outer bushes to see if that gives any more clearance. is the bar marked where it has been knocking? could be something else

ITB'd MK1
what coilovers are they, knocking could be quite a few things, driveshafts and balljoints would be my favourite culprits if the coilovers are in good condition

J

jarfun123

There gaz and i have put new ball joints and drive shafts in and it just passed its mot, put in them washer things on top struts. Had it on the ramp and pulld and prized everything but cant work it out. its driving me mad!!!