ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antifreeze/Coolant

What Antifreeze/Coolant do you all use? Ive been told Renaults should only have the best put in them as it can burn holes in parts of the engine through electrolisis. Also is there any difference between the different colour anitfreezes or is the colour just for cosmetics?

Cheers, Si.

SimonNOS

What they mean is to use coolant specifically for mixed metal engines. This is to avoid the coolant acting like a electrolyte and actually promoting corrosion internally. Use a Ethylene Glycol antifreeze and check it is suitable for mixed metal use, also dont mix different types in youre engine.

If you change yours and find the drain plug on top of block (top right under exhaust manifold - suppossedly) let us know, cause I couldnt locate it.

Alex M

Yeah, the different colours are different types of antifreeze and you shouldnt mix em. (unfortunately the memory from my halfords training manual doesnt allow me to be so halp ful as to tel u which colour is what at the mo)

What i can tell u is there is a good high performance coolant they now sell for modern performance cars. Just has a higher boiling and lower freezing point. Apparently is safe for mixed metals

Down side is if u use it no garage can test its strengths cos the normal gravity testers dont work on the new formula so u just have to make sure ur self u keep it topped up OK.