ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antivirus software

Honda & VW
Hi all

After my old hard drive packed up i have recently put a new one in, i need to get some kind of virus software but am really not clued up when it comes to this type of thing.

My laptop is used daily for internet browsing/email etc

what would people recommend i opt for, was looking at the Norton Antivirus with internet security for £29.99

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
i did use avast until it failed to detect the virus that killed my pc. using AVG and saying you arent infected is like saying i didnt get aids when i slept with her because i kept my shirt on.

ITB'd MK1
AVG was good 5 years ago, now it's next to useless.

Avira is my current favourite. Found a lot of stuff that the pre-installed mcafee had let through un-noticed.

Norton is a massive rip off

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
if you are going to install mcafee you may aswell remove all your RAM and underclock your cpu to 0.0001ghz as it kills your pc and makes it run like windows 98 on a pentium 3 ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
well played. its the worst AV ever. it came on my mums netbook and it was the first thing i got rid of. along with all the other dell s**t that is pre installed.