ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Good TB's?

Chris K said:
I was just showing you the jenvey kit mate but i think it started to go into a "war of the tuners" thread.

Carry on...

I didn't mean you bud, cheers for the pics, it's the other guy with a chip on his shoulder....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Stan

Andrew and Richard from Omex have both seen the maps from us, I regulary email them over for either analysis reasons or when asked by Omex for a map that will run other clios in various states of tune..

Andy GDI said:
Stan

Andrew and Richard from Omex have both seen the maps from us, I regulary email them over for either analysis reasons or when asked by Omex for a map that will run other clios in various states of tune..

Aren't you mapping a spider for omex?

2005 Nissan Navara
LOL

war of the tuners? sounds like a comic mag!

i have no chip on my shoulder at all...i have no reason to.

im passionate about what i do, and when i see imo exploitation, substandard work, and customers being mis-lead buy ANY "tuning" company.....it annoys me slightly.

buy hey, any bad experiences had by customers should, imo, be aired....it all comes out in the wash. its only fair that when someone is spending £Xk on their motor, they know the full story.

this is all my opinion about the tuning industry in general....my opinions ARE NOT directed at any person/persons/company or otherwise.

2005 Nissan Navara
Andy GDI said:
Stan

maps that are inevitably non-specific to any other engine....

meaning any anomolys in the calibration could easily passed off as "oh well it wasnt mapped on this engine here"

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
stan* said:
maps that are inevitably non-specific to any other engine....

meaning any anomolys in the calibration could easily passed off as "oh well it wasnt mapped on this engine here"

no, if we are mapping a car and come across problems then I email the map to omex for them to look at for tech support

these are specific to specific cars.....

Mondeo STTDCI
I am monitoring this thread and hope that any comments made will not amount to defamation of character, or a trading of insults.

Constructive stuff is always welcome but I am getting bored of companies coming on here to do battle keyboard warrior style.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Back to the original kit

KMS managment is supposidly very good, well priced overall. like Vems (not sure if this bit works yet) but has wideband self mapping...

nice bit of kit really...

2005 Nissan Navara
the wideband self mapping function is an extra interface, but even with that additional cost, the management is far cheaper than other sytems without adaptive mapping.

andy, what technical problems can be sovled by email a map table?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Dave said:
I am monitoring this thread and hope that any comments made will not amount to defamation of character, or a trading of insults.

Constructive stuff is always welcome but I am getting bored of companies coming on here to do battle keyboard warrior style.

couldnt agree more dave,the tuning company's should let there work do the talking,rather than talking about other peoples work

Dave said:

I agree, but at the same time, I can get a picture of who i'd prefer do the work from comments made and who begins the keyboard warss....;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
theres a lot of good tuning company's who stay off the forums and jst get on with there work its probably the best way to be

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
cost wise theres not much diffference between it & the jenvey kit, what thoughts on the motor huger kit? france main renault tuner? seems all kits can be adapted for the spec of the customer, huger retains the aircon & has no cutting of panels, are its gains as good as jenvey? the fourth pic on the k-tec site makes it look a touch untidy with the orange section of ducting imo.

Yeah I agree but also it can show passion about what there doing and also it's nice to have people on forums really know what there talking about and be able to give out advice etc. At the same time you can get the impression some go round fishing for work!!

2005 Nissan Navara
^^^agree
tho the internet is a main source of advertising, especially club forums....so there going to be times where a company offers their services if someone asks about them.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
the person who owns motor huger lives on his own island so must be doing something rite,nick at hillpower rates there work i think the kit looks very tidy dont forget the power figures k-tec give are on a standard engine and it comes with a mappable ecu aswell

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
stan* said:
the wideband self mapping function is an extra interface, but even with that additional cost, the management is far cheaper than other sytems without adaptive mapping.

andy, what technical problems can be sovled by email a map table?

all sorts, its not just the map table .... its the whole calibration file that goes sent over...

they have a simulator to run the file and that alone often tells where there are problems..

other than that Andy or Richard when he is there looks at the file and suggests changes or pin points problem settings that might be causing a problem.

Richard set up the 1st calibration file himself, took him several weeks to get it working properally. all others are based on that format and modified to suit the specific cars that its fitted to.

huger kit drops torque because of the very short inlet tract length.

But in essence, all of these kits on a stock engine at very base levels are near enough the same. The old difference being the benefit of individual bodies over paired DCOE types.

Stan is one of the most knowledgeable, capable and straight shooting builders around. I'd be 100% happy to use him personally if i was unable to do so (you'd have to cut my arms off though eh stan ;)).

2005 Nissan Navara
haitch said:
cost wise theres not much diffference between it & the jenvey kit, what thoughts on the motor huger kit? france main renault tuner? seems all kits can be adapted for the spec of the customer, huger retains the aircon & has no cutting of panels, are its gains as good as jenvey? the fourth pic on the k-tec site makes it look a touch untidy with the orange section of ducting imo.

"kits" arent supplied from jenvey or kms....they supply components that a tuner will make a "kit" from for a specific application.

kms is far cheaper than other equivalents.

gains are going to be dependent on installation/component type (size/length etc) and mapping.

2005 Nissan Navara
BenR said:
huger kit drops torque because of the very short inlet tract length.

But in essence, all of these kits on a stock engine at very base levels are near enough the same. The old difference being the benefit of individual bodies over paired DCOE types.

Stan is one of the most knowledgeable, capable and straight shooting builders around. I'd be 100% happy to use him personally if i was unable to do so (you'd have to cut my arms off though eh stan ;)).

pass me the saw....!

stan* said:
^^^agree
tho the internet is a main source of advertising, especially club forums....so there going to be times where a company offers their services if someone asks about them.

Yeah I don't have a problem with that, but i've been a member on other forums and it's so plain to see people fishing for work etc, and imo best avoided!! The best are the ones who go round, taking time to help people out and give advice etc, I realise that this in itself is selling themselves, but it's nice for companies to take the time etc to help people out and not generally expecting any work there way for it

Jays172 said:
Yeah I don't have a problem with that, but i've been a member on other forums and it's so plain to see people fishing for work etc, and imo best avoided!! The best are the ones who go round, taking time to help people out and give advice etc, I realise that this in itself is selling themselves, but it's nice for companies to take the time etc to help people out and not generally expecting any work there way for it

You are bang on there!

I dont think anybody here is fishing for work by any means, personally think aggressive forum selling is vulgar.

And yes, those who help out asmuch as possible on the forums....good people them.....;)

I don't get that impression here on this forum, to be honest i think this may be the best forum i've been on for this, no advertisement and the only companies on here are really helpful,knowledgable and passionate about there work and I wouldn;t hesitate to use anyone on here

Someone mentioned hillpower, i'd never heard of them before I got my car, and it has a hillpower induction kit on it, are these any good or not as seings I hadn't heard of them before was planning to put the original back on and get a panel filter

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I know Ben helps out alot on the forums, we also help where we can when we get time. David from Ktec often comes on the boards and very occasionally Nick Hill does.

of course this does no harm to raise profiles but long ago I was a club forum member when i had my GTT and always appreciated help myself..... (we are talking over 11 yrs ago now)..

2005 Nissan Navara
yeah sure....personnaly i always try tooffer advise to anyone that i can help....via fone/msn etc etc...its never ending sometimes!!

but theres always gonna be the time where some one says straight "can anyone supply and fit cams", or "who can build my an engine" etc etc and naturally i, and anyone else in the trade, is going to offer...i never tend to force a service tho.

let ur advise do that talking ;)

Andy GDI said:
I know Ben helps out alot on the forums, we also help where we can when we get time. David from Ktec often comes on the boards and very occasionally Nick Hill does.

of course this does no harm to raise profiles but long ago I was a club forum member when i had my GTT and always appreciated help myself..... (we are talking over 11 yrs ago now)..

old git:rasp:

Clio v6
FredYozzasport said:
agree with what's been said, go to well known mapper, there are some shockers out there!

Good advice Fred. I'm glad mine is in the hands of one of the best mappers in the UK.