ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Good TB's?

I guess! Time to start getting more power now, so im weighing up some options, not sure were to start, seems like it's hard getting good bhp per £ increase on the clios!

I think what you've done on that is pretty much what i'm wanting done!!! booger, I wouldn't be selling if I were you!! If only I had 7k

Jays172 said:
I think what you've done on that is pretty much what i'm wanting done!!! booger, I wouldn't be selling if I were you!! If only I had 7k

You'll be spending over half of that to get a quality TB install.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Rich Cup said:
that kit mentioned origionally, isnt that what ktec sell? albeit for double that price?

K-tec sell the motor huger kit which is a french motorsport company and are highly regarded

clio 200 F4Rt
have heard some very good things abouth the KMS ecu, QEP are doing them also.

They have a self mapping facility when using a wide badn lambder sensor.

I woudl certanly try one, and its certanly cheaper than many other current market options.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
oh yeh rings a bell now, i heard about this last year, QEP seemed to highly recommend it, not sure about using it with other added mods though?

2005 Nissan Navara
inlet would be best from jenvey or chadil (preferably jenvey). this is the hardware im using in my t.b kits for the F7 engines. self mapping on the fuelling side of things if u use the lambda interface. cuts r/r time down to lierally an hour (if that).

trumps3.jpg

2005 Nissan Navara
if u cant do it yourself, pay someone who can....mind you, theres plenty of people out there taht cant map for s**t...so be warned

Why in your opinion would that put potential buyers off? Andy from GDI is the uk tuner recommended by omex to map them. I found this out when contacting omex directly.

Hold on how have we got talking about me selling my car now? and why does it matter who mapped it? The car is running sound.

I was simply stating and showing I had the jenvey kit.

Clio v6
Chris K said:
Why in your opinion would that put potential buyers off? Andy from GDI is the uk tuner recommended by omex to map them. I found this out when contacting omex directly.

When I made enquiries with Omex for the 710 they also recommended GDI.

2005 Nissan Navara
have they ever seen specific mappiing work from GDI? maybe as a regular customer, they recomend him, simply becasue he buys from them??

there have been examples of poor managment calibration....enough said...and thats where my opinion comes from, actual proof rather than a recomendation froma company out to make money.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your interest in the Omex Technology product range. The Clio Sport is a vehicle that has had this conversion made many times. The company who has done most of these conversions is GDi (www.greydevilindustries.com). Please contact them first as they known a lot about the fitting of these kits. If you have no luck then please contact me again.

Best regards

Andy Cornock
Omex Technology

Make of that what you want. I'm not getting involved. Anyway, the jenvey kit is what I have, as seen above in the pic.

Clio v6
Interesting that all the places I contacted for details on engine management GEMS, Motec and Jenvey all sent me in the direction of GDI.

2005 Nissan Navara
all that email says to me (and any other intelligent reader) is...

"GDI buy an FIT (where does it say map???) our sytems...they have done a lot of them (so?). if you have no luck, contact us again (bit pessimistic considering the supposedly highly recomend them?)"

stan* said:
all that email says to me (and any other intelligent reader) is...

"GDI buy an FIT (where does it say map???) our sytems...they have done a lot of them (so?). if you have no luck, contact us again (bit pessimistic considering the supposedly highly recomend them?)"

As said above, read into that as you want. Other people will see that differently, obviously the "dumber" people in your opinion.

Maybe all the "dumb" people go to GDI and the "intelligent" people go to you or other uk tuners?

The matter of the fact is, I wasn't recommended to go to anyone else other than GDI.

End of.

Jays172 said:
you trying to hi-jack my thread stano??:rasp:

I was just showing you the jenvey kit mate but i think it started to go into a "war of the tuners" thread.

Carry on...