ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Help? Car not starting!!

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Hello, Just wondered if anybody could help me...
It's been happening for a while now but got alot worse this week,
When I try and start car it just doesn't kick-in (so to speak) it usually takes about 3 times before it will start but since yesterday it's taking 10+ !
But when turning the key no lights or clock fade or go off.
So when I did finally get it running I took it down to my local battery garage and they said battery & alternator was fine!So I would need it hooking up to a computer at the dealership.
I rang them and they said it would be about £100 to do this..is this about the right price?
Or can anybody help with something I can do.

It's a clio 1.2 16v 02 reg

Thanks

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
probably tdc sensor. I assume when it doesnt start the starter motor still turns over

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Yeah the starter motor still turns over, but it's strange as today it started 1st time! There's no real pattern to it, it's just luck if it starts!!

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Is the TDC sensor something I can buy & fit myself?
Or could any local garage fit it if i got it?
Thanks for your help.

CB600FS
You can fit it yourself yes, you'll need a 10mm on a socket, a small extension.

If you get the latest one (only one Renault sell now as they've had so many problems with TDC sensors) you'll need a gas torch (soldering iron) and a pair of wire strippers.

10 Minute job but for the sake of it I'd get it on a Diag computer just to be 100%

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Sorry to be stupid but any instructions/pictures etc...to help me?
Or a book (to show me how to do this) i could buy or something?
Thanks

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
thing with tdc sensors if the driver presses the throttle whilst starting if there is a tdc sensor fault the computer may not log in so wont show up on clip diag. It says it in the fault finding for the tdc sensor on the d4f

post a pic of your engine bay and i will point it out

CB600FS
If its taking 10 trys to start it theres a chance It'll show on CLIP lol

This is where its located - same place on all Clios
TDC2.jpg

TDC sensor
TDC1.jpg

Not my pics