ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any help going to look at 182

on the look out
rite im off to look at a 04 plate 182 with 25k on clock both belts are due he is looking for £5750 1 previous owner fsh etc , reg kso4 vwu if just check it out on 83600 via mobile and comes up 2 previous ? but everything else clear , what sort of price should it be ? cant tell if it has any cup packs as front splitter missing but has antherite wheels but not dark

Black Gold with cup packs
Yesterday I paid £4800 for an 04 182FF with 56k on the clock and 3 previous owners, bodywork in immaculate condition.

Black Gold with cup packs
5 years the belts are due, either they are very close as in up to 4 months time or they are passed. If both belts are due it's a £500-600 jobbie. Probably (providing the due date hasn't passed) meet him half way by offering him at least £300 less than his asking price. But it would be a better bet for you to look for a 182FF rather than a non-cupped example. Check brake disks and pads, My Disks will need changing before next MOT for sure, But this reflected the £500 I knocked off his asking price. Also ask for a cold start, check rear engine rubber mounts, cheap to change but still anything not mentioned is a bill for you, on test drive check the gear box is smooth.

on the look out
cheers fella just spoke to him on phone and have said £475 at a dealers where we are for both belts . only motd til dec he is a 40yr old owner lol. so poss if i could get this knocked off around £5200 mark maybe a good deal or not :S

378bhp Leon Cupra R
looks nice example but i would wait for 1 with cup packs if i where you.

heres mine with cup packs and recaros in arctic the colour your looking at

DSCF0905.jpg

DSCF0903.jpg

27102008018.jpg

Clio 197 08
Pretty low mileage tho, only done 5-7k a year! Looks in good condition but then doesnt have any form of cup packs!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Pretty low mileage tho, only done 5-7k a year! Looks in good condition but then doesnt have any form of cup packs!

IMO, its the cars that haven't been used much that tend to have more problems than the ones that have. All the short 2 mile journeys to the shops and sitting there doing nothing alot of time (thats just me speculating how the car has been used) are no good for any car, especially french.

Clio 197 08
IMO, its the cars that haven't been used much that tend to have more problems than the ones that have. All the short 2 mile journeys to the shops and sitting there doing nothing alot of time (thats just me speculating how the car has been used) are no good for any car, especially french.

Yer that can be the other side of the coin, it is parts that get left unused tend to perish quicker and give you problems. Have to make sure oil changes were done frequently and servicing was completed as unused oil will soon deteriorate!

Black 197
Part exed my 04 182 this week for a 197 - didnt have a clue how much the 182 was worth but luckily they offered me £5,300... I'd say i got a good price for it being a stealer

Black 197
Yeah i wasnt complaing when he told me lol, By the time they put their mark up on it i'd say they'll put it up in the region of £6k on the forecourt.... Good luck to them i'll say

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Interesting! I too was looking at this one on Auto Trader. I've just this minute sold my 56' Zetec-S.

I really need a change, and I love the Blue colour. I think I may wait though until I find one with the cup packs.

Simon.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Interesting! I too was looking at this one on Auto Trader. I've just this minute sold my 56' Zetec-S.

I really need a change, and I love the Blue colour. I think I may wait though until I find one with the cup packs.

Simon.

Buy a Phase 1 and pocket the change for beer and hookers.

As much fun can be had and lets face it, everyones loves teh' naked ladies

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Sorry, I'm really going to embarass myself here I guess but . . .

Is the Phase 1 a 172?

Nimbus Megane R26
mate thats too much for an 04 plate 182.

Mines blackgold both cup packs,miltek,itg filter,40k,multi change,spare wheel,had the big £600 service done with cam&aux belt done and it'll be worth 5k max id say :S

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Ah thought so, I have looked at a few, but really do prefer the 182 for some reason. It's probably those exhausts!