ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any history on this 172?

Looking at going to see this 172, just wondering if it's ever been on the forums before? I've sent a few questions etc, he said belts have been done at 54,000 miles according to the cover/service book, and from the pictures it looks in pretty good condition.

As I'm a student etc, can't really afford to buy a dog of a car and just really hoping I'll get my hands on a decent 172. Had a look in the for sale sections here but they are all hundreds of miles away!

Heres the car anyway...

$T2eC16FHJG!E9nm3pwQLBROEphnjdw~~48_80.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!ooFC72n+wIRBROEphc4B!~~48_80.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJE8FEpQoVQyiBROEplP98g~~48_80.JPG

Advert...

Renault clio sport 172 model
Great condition through out
Full service history
Mot to august , no tax
Last mot had new full exhaust system , brakes , injectors , coil pack plugs and leeds
Toad alarm system fitted to car
Totally standard , also 6 disc multi changer with original renault stereo
Also had a new battery fitted
Great car at great price

and it's done 67,000 miles.

If anyone knows anything about this car, any info would be appreciated.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This will be the one in Glasgow off Gumtree?

The guy selling it is a young lad who cant afford the insurance, the boy said the belts have been done but there is no receipt for this. So really need doing again.

I wouldn't buy on someone's merit of 'a guy i know done them' which seems to be the case with this, where are you based?

Fife mate, and yeah that's the one, I'm wanting to buy one but will be storing/doing work etc to it till august/september time then I can afford insurance, I'm turning 22 this month, and by that time will have had license for a year and 5 months, so insurance will drop about a grand!

Would much rather one off here from a trusted member but as said before they are all hundreds of miles away :/

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wouldn't it be better putting the money away until August/September time than buying this one that needs tax/belts/MOT'd etc by the time you can insure it? It really doesn't make sense to have it laid up.

They make pretty expensive ornaments! You'll get one when you can insure it that's ready to go. Don't buy one on convienience mate, i went to Leeds for my Cup from Glasgow, no issue's at all.

Aye you're right, just I'm a little impatient! :approve:

Driving my girlfriends 1.0ltr Corsa at the moment... :( it's a car but so depressing, only sold my 1.2 a few days and missing it so much already! Just can't wait till I get my hands on a sport.

Just texted the guy anyway and he said it's sold so, probably a sign haha.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't leave a renault parked up for 5/6 months. They have a habit of deteriorating quickly when they're not used.