ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any HP Suppliers on here?

Fiesta ST
We've recently taken on a new customer for IT Support as their previous support was abit crap tbh.

Anyway they just had a new HP Server installed with SBS2008 from the previous mickey mouse Company. Upon my audit of the site I noticed the SBS2008 disc missing! which seem strange as this is vital for a server bare metal restore.

Upon looking at the server I've notice the software hasn't been activated!!

I've checked the customers receipt and they have definately paid for the software. This is HP's SBS2008 and the old IT company(guy) has said it was a medialess install? Do HP do medialess installs of Server Software?

Anyway the product key will not activate so I feel the customer has been done over with a dodgy copy - I'm awaiting on the old IT Companies reply but they are being difficult to get information out.

DCi
just to be sure when you say they have a receipt i assume that means they only gave this dodge company money (and he presumabley has legged off with it)

Fiesta ST
They have a receipt for the supply of 1 hp server and 1 hp SBS2008 from the IT Company and the guy who installed it owns the IT Company. In essense they have definately paid for the software.

I need to be sure of the facts before I can say if it's illegal. Might have to get Microsoft involved.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Disc wouldn't necessarily be supplied, the cost you pay for is the license, not the disc.

Was it oem or full packaged product?

If it's oem then it's hard to get hold of the disc, the supplier normally has one and installs it from that.

Fiesta ST
Yeah I agree DK for most software these days from big manufactures but for SBS2008 it's very important to have. Dell always ship the sealed DVD style case of SBS2008 even if they preinstall it.

Is there anyway to check a key is a technet or MSDN one?