ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some of my old car pics I found

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just going through an old memory card and found these...

We all love cars so thought i'd share. Sadly i'm not a computer/picture boff so I don't take many. Shame really.

I have got a few more but they're on paper so I'll wait until I can scan them or something.

First is my clio 172 that I virtually rebuilt. Brand new everything. (I cannot take credit for the engine bay, that was the previous owner)

SS850956-1.jpg

Then we have a BMW that I bought from Cotswold BMW as a part exchange. One (1!!!) Doctor owner from new, 62,000 miles, full BMW main dealer history and apart from the oxidised paint, it was like brand new. Was a J reg iirc. I smoked this around for a bit and EVERYONE looked at it. Like it had come out of a showroom once i'd finished it.

SS851726.jpg

Next up is/was my E320 V6 Merc. This came to me as a proper nail. I gave it to the wife as it had tax and mot but the paint was knackered, the inside took about 3 bin bags of rubbish to clear it out (no joke!!) and the wheels were black with baked on dust. I gave her this while my Audi was on order and tbh, I wish i'd have sold it for more money but I had a wedding to pay for so took the first offer. Gutted when it went as it was a labour of love.

SS851882.jpg

(In this picture, you can just make out my old XJ12 four door saloon. It was an uber rare car, never seen one, (6.0 V12 fyi)

SS851887.jpg

SS851884.jpg

Next up is a customers car. I can't remember for the life of me what he bought but he was a VW nut. This thing was proper, so well restored.

SS851456.jpg

And lastly (until I find some more!) was my worst purchase. Polo Gti.

I'd just got into german stuff and this came up at an audi dealers I was dealing with. I fell in love with it. Upon getting it home I realised a 5 door GTI was going to be hard work to sell. A 5 door with coilovers and marmite wheels was going to prove even harder...

Anyway I eventually had a guy come and look at it late one night. Pouring down rain and pitch black. He was part exchanging an Audi A3.
He was very eager to leave and I just put that down to the weather. But he paid and left.
The next day while doing our pre-sales inspection we noticed the headgasket had gone. It had been cooked so badly that the engine was finished. Even the HT leads were melted. At the entrance to our garage were two 2 litre bottles of water where he had obviously dumped them before he came in to see the polo. The cnut. Annoying thing was, it drove really well! lol.
Anyway cut a long story short, he rang back after 2 months claiming £1200 for a gearbox rebuild on the polo. I said i'd pay the £1200 if he footed the bill for the replacement engine in the A3 that he tucked me up with. Suprisingly enough, we never heard from him again.

SS851926-1.jpg

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Good read that dude.

Pity there are about 99 cars missing - Your ownership list reads like a war memorial.

Mk1 Focus RS
nice collection of cars there!

really like the Polo GTI's, although look a lot better as a 3 door.

would like to see more pics of the 172, if the engine bay is anything to go by then the car must have been a minter!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What clio was that engine bay on Dan? Certainly wasn't mine!!!!

Did you polish the BMW right up then? Get rid of all the oxidisation?

Love the merc, so much.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice thread, looking forward to any more pictures you dig up (and mainly the stories that go with them :p).

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Nearly bought a Polo GTI a few years back, but the horror stories of the chocolate gearboxes put me right off.

Also that Herbie is awesome :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What clio was that engine bay on Dan? Certainly wasn't mine!!!!

Did you polish the BMW right up then? Get rid of all the oxidisation?

Love the merc, so much.

The clio was a labour of love. I minted it right up. Sadly it was written off by the guy that bought it from me. I'll find some pics of it.

BMW came up like new. Took a sloid 2 days to sort but I got there eventually. Sold it for good money too.

Christopher, I found some M3 pics just for you. (and me, I loved that car!)

SS851558.jpg

SS851556.jpg

And how could I forget my 2.6 V6 Omega Elite and my 4.2 V8 Mercedes of taliban fame...

SS851485.jpg

My old 172 Cup. (Was a minter, no idea who bought it as I was on holiday when it sold. :( )

SS851176.jpg

My Evo. (Fastest car i've ever owned. Now owned by a music teacher on MLR and running just under 500hp. Its a proper weapon now!!)

thecoles036.jpg