ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas on this - car going right...

Skoda Fabia vRS

when slightly/normally accelerating my car is fine, however when i let off the pedal it goes to the right slightly.......and when i brake it goes to the right even more, at say 70mph or more then its quite dangerous the amount it pulls to the right when braking....

ive replaced almost every part of the brake system but im starting to think its not related to that, replaced calipers, discs, and pads with 16v items.......solid and flexi (now stainless braided) front brake lines.....

i had my trackin done at Demon Tweeks and it didnt change it....is summat f**ked ?

Sounds like fun, pulling when you lift off would surely be something like a driveshaft joint, take a look at these for play, you would prob also feel the play as a clunk/jolt on take off. Only other think I can suggest is a shot wheel bearing on one side causing the pull.

Skoda Fabia vRS

both tyres are reasonably new and it happened before i changed em

both front wheel bearings are fairly new aswell, as are the back bearings

ok

If u take it to a MOT station they can check the balance of your front brakes by putting it on there rolling road!

That will at least narrow the problem down!

If the brake balance is ok, u then need to look at suspension/anti roll/track rods/balljoints

Skoda Fabia vRS

i think its both mate

when i had it checked my front right was more powerful than my front left, however there is somethin else as it happens when not braking aswell

the only thing for me to try and get the braking correct is a new master cylinder/or ive been unlucky and had 2 sticking passenger side calipers...

hmmmm

you really need to sort one problem at a time!

two sets of contaminated pads????, fancy getting your hands dirty and swopping over the pads? right to left, left to right (just sand the faces first before u swop em)

if still the same then yea poss 2 sets of sticking calipers, sounds unlikely doesnt it! i wouldnt be surprised though!

Skoda Fabia vRS

doubt its gonna be the pads mate, actually been through 3 sets

tarox rally pads..........Renault OE.........and now K-Tec Kevlar....

Just to answer coolspot007007, I doubt it would be a buckled wheel.

That would more likely cause shaking and vibrating than pulling to one side. The easiest way to check is swap the wheels around and see if it pulls to the other side?

Do the pads seem to wear out faster on the right hand side than the left?

Just one more thing to consider, i take it your running 185s or 195s on a small car? If so get a passenger to sit in with you and see if it still pulls then. If i have three people in my car and two sit on the same side my car pulls under breaking simple cos of the uneven weight. Could the weight of the GT lump be causing anything? Or isnt that in yet?

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i was thinking that, but until it goes in then its pretty dangerous at high speeds the amount that it pulls

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

is there any play in your track rod ends or steering rack??

dont think its your brakes cause you said it pulls b4 you start braking

Skoda Fabia vRS

not sure mate, my mate is a mechanic an he is gonna try an have a look for me this week

thanks for the ideas, keep em coming..