ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Office 365 Experts

E39 530i
Need some help regarding Office 365. I've done all the necessary config work at the domain registrar for the domain we want to test it with. Got all the CName, DNS entries in place as well for both autodiscovery and lync to work. However, when Im on the work network outlook autodiscovery for in outlook doesn't work. However, on my home network it does. Using the same laptop both at home and in the office. Any ideas - Microsoft support is much help.

LY 200
When at work on your laptop are you logged on to a domain? Is there internal DNS on it? Thats probably causing it.

Also, if theres an Exchange environment onsite on the domain your logged in to chances are there will be an Exchange Service connection point (scp) which will be routing the Outlook client through AD to that onsite Exchange server.

I work for a hosting company so see this a lot!

E39 530i
When at work I am logging onto a domain, I have added the external facing microsoft dns addresses to our scope. (208.67.something.something - there are two of them, cant remember them at the moment).
There isn't currently an Exchange environment onsite, the current email system we have is Lotus Notes.

Fiesta ST
What IP does autodiscover.yourdomain.com resolve when on your work network? Using Nslookup does it resolve to autodiscover.outlook.com?

Also how long did you wait for the DNS changes to populate before you tested?

Last edited:
  Rav4
Internal network issue.

What is your office 365 domain?

Should be relatively easy to fix.

AdamH1, what hosting company do you work for?

Thanks,

Gabi.

Had a ballache with Cobweb a while back when they blacklisted a block of IPs so a clients site lost all connectivity.

As for the problem, what are your external DNS forwarders set to?

Defo something lingering in your network from either a current/previous setup!

Rav4
They probably have autodiscover setup on the internal DNS, but on their office 365 they have not set it up properly.

:D

E39 530i
@Longy when I do a NSLOOKUP of autodiscover.mydomain.com is comes back with
***servername.mydomain.com can't find autodiscover.mydomain.com: Non-existent domain

I've waited more than 72 hours for the settings to take place, think it was about a week or two.

@Adam How do I check my external DNS forwards?

Do you use active directory?

PM me your domain and I'll have a look at dns records as we run exchange through office 365 here.

E39 530i
Hi Cava83 - DNS entries are internal servers along with 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 which I believe should be the microsoft addresses.

As for active directory check for autodiscovery entrys in DNS.

Open DNS then expand the server then forward lookup szones then yourdomain.internal (or local or whatever it is) then look through the records for autodiscover.yourdomain.com

For your external DNS right click on the server name on the right hand side and select properties then select the forwarder tabs.

What do you have in this box?

Fiesta ST
Is your local domain and public domain the same FQDN?

You could try and create a DNS entry on your own DNS server like I did on this server whilst I was waiting for DNS to populate.
(obviously if you create a new zone for your public FQDN it might break your website access from within your company)

8228728695_ff9ce1224b_b_d.jpg

E39 530i
Cheers guys, If I were to run the following command echo %logonserver% from cmd. Find the server it is reporting back on and create a CName alias for autodiscover.outlook.com within DNS onthat server. Will that make sense?

Rav4
Give me remote access to your desktop and I will have a look for you if you like.

Check your PM.

If I find resolution, I will post on here, if not, I will hide in shame.

Rav4
Jimmy has sorted this issue out.

It was a DNS issue.

Jimmy will fill you in, when he has recovered from celebrating this victory against Microsoft.

:D

E39 530i
Cheers guys, Thanks for all your help. I had sorted it with putting in a CName record on our internall DNS servers as per Longy suggestion. However, each and everyone of your contributed to helping me resolve it as each of you filled in a blank which I was missing. Really greatful guys. thanks again.