ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one done this

hello there

ill be picking up me clio 1.4 rt soon (first car).

my mates got a 19 16v sitting around and i was thinking about getting it for a summer project.

i was wondering if anyone had done this engine conversion (19 16v into clio)

also the interior would be handy.

thanks for any advice

chris

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Sounds like a good project to me fella! I think someone on here has done it in the past?? Not sure though...

Ziel Nurburgring

Why not just buy a Valver of Williams? You wont get the hassle of trying to explain the conversion to an insurance company, brakes and suspension will already be up to standard.

Secondly, if its your first car, you will get royally humped on insurance with either a modded clio or a valver. How old are you?

Welcome aboard though

im 17 at the mo

was thinking for wen im 18. end of august.

ive found an insurnace deal that you only pay for six months of the insurance but still get the NCD. which i thinks is pretty good.

so on an rt this year ill be getting TPFT for 700 quid.

anyway, i was thinking maybe just keep the 19,not sure about the looks maybe a bit too old. i was only asking too see if it would be a big problem or not cus i really want a 16v but it would be cheap to keep the 1.4 and put that engine in and itd be great fun doing it.

f**king hell u lot arent up for some fun are u!!! yes it would be easier and cheaper to buy a valver or williams but the kid didnt ask for your advice on that!!! he asked how hard it would be to fit hoping that everyone would offer him hints and tips etc!!!

Id keep the 19.. But then I would say that!

Youll have fun and games fitting the 19 engine, as its not exactly the same as a clio F7 engine.. It will go in though, though youll need different driveshafts.

to be honest you will get absolutely nailed by the insurance company cos of the engine transplant. a Clio 1.4 with a 19 16v engine would surely put it into the r19 16v insurance category iirc? making it even higher than a Clio 16v.

got a mate who put a 1.4 lump in his Clio cos the original diesel lump blew up. when he told the company hed done a transplant he couldnt afford the insurance, so he got a 5 gt turbo instead and its even cheaper to insure.

also, being 18 with a Clio 16v on 1 yrs ncb is going to cost a fair wedge. im 20 with 2yrs ncb and my insurance is nearly £800 tptf, se be prepared to fork out either way.

Quote: Originally posted by simon_elvin on 10 March 2005

to be honest you will get absolutely nailed by the insurance company cos of the engine transplant. a Clio 1.4 with a 19 16v engine would surely put it into the r19 16v insurance category iirc? making it even higher than a Clio 16v.

got a mate who put a 1.4 lump in his Clio cos the original diesel lump blew up. when he told the company hed done a transplant he couldnt afford the insurance, so he got a 5 gt turbo instead and its even cheaper to insure.

also, being 18 with a Clio 16v on 1 yrs ncb is going to cost a fair wedge. im 20 with 2yrs ncb and my insurance is nearly £800 tptf, se be prepared to fork out either way.
What he said. Same engine isnt it?

being the same engine- yes and no.

well I know some insurance companies can be real fussy bout things like that. I knew a few people who put 1.8 lumps into their metro gtis (1.4 as standard) and where they sourced the car from dramatically changed the insurance costs. if they said it came from a Lotus Elise it would have cost them way more than if they said it cam from a rover 218 because the original cars insurance group was different, although they both use exactly the same engine.