ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one got ktecs stainless roll cage

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive been in a R5 with one of there cages, and it was bloody good quality

along with the suspension mods the car had it really didnt flex much at all, it was literally like the car WAS on rails, like a roller coaster.........

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um the cage really wont stiffen the car much as its just a decrative 1, not a propper cage/saftey cage, for pretty much the same price saftey devices will make u a cage that works and will prtect u, and for a bit more u can have a full car cage, so u get front and rear cages, with door bars.

clio 20v

mine turned up today its 2.5" stainless tube and it bolts to the rear strut tops and the rear floor so should stiffen the car quite a bit not like dimmas effort

it took a while getin in its a tight fit it just looks to me like it needs a spacer on 2 of the legs for it too sit properly jus wondered if any1 else had one an how they got on fitting it

adi

clio 20v

well its in cant test to see if its stiffened it up yet tho

looks the fukin bollox tho, now im even more of a racin driver with roll cage hhehehehehe

adi

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by adiclio16v on 27 August 2003

i bought it cos it looks good not cos i fancy being a stuntman

again

lol

adi

cages for show r really just a bit gay! whats the point on spending more money on a flash ornament that will slow u down and probably crush u to death in the event of an accident :cry:

the word im looking for is tart ;)

clio 20v

lol well actually if u went out and bough a safety devices rear half cage for instance it wud be exactly same as this one except not polished

it needed a few big washers where it bolts to the floor cos the metals only thin round there

its not like the gay ones that just bolt to the front seat belt mounts and doesnt do fuk all

adi

clio 20v

managed it fairy easily thort passenger seat was gonna have to come out but got it in with seat all way forward and head rest off

it wud hav gone in piss with one of front seats out didnt really need strapping

adi

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the saftey devices cages can be had in chrome, i got quoted £119.80
for the front roll cage in chrome, and £162.10 for the rear then 28 quid for each door bar, to fiaa standard and not 1 that will brake if i roll it...... oh plus 7% on to the main prices so £173.44 for the rear cage in chrome and £128.18 for the front.....

so for £301.62 i can have a full car cage (front and rear) in stainless steel polished, where as u paid around £300 ???

:p

clio 20v

but wudnt look as good cos its not as large diameter tube

plus my dads bigger than ur dad my girlfriends fitter than ur girlfriend i got a proper valver u havent and mines much faster than ur car

put that in ur pipe an smoke it :p

adi