ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one know what this is

172 sport
Hey guys anyone know what this is and how to tell if it's faulty or not changed my lights today and driving him hit a huge pothole light went out just thinking is it this or another part I need to check thanks in advance guys

04a8cfd7.jpg

49ed325f.jpg

172 sport
Are they prone to failing mate or is their Amy way to test of its gone apart from swapping igniters around to wet to dark right now lol cheers for quick reply mate

Ph2 172
what lights did you change? xenon bulb? should twist onto the back of the xenon bulb. there also should be a wiring connector that plugs into it.

172 sport
Yea changed the Xeon mate can see the wire u pop it into a free one it is like i said driving home hit a pot hole light out just wondering what I could be as any get out there till tomo weather permitting just hope it's a quick easy fix but it's a Renault so prob not

Ph2 172
sounds like you possibly havent fitted the igniter back on properly, have another go, make sure it feels secure when twisting back on into the 'close' position.

172 sport
Well I've tested it by just plugging the wires into the igniter nothing I take it the bulbs just pop into the igniter in one way there is no upside down side to it I take it

Ph2 172
when you plugged in the wires, was it fitted back onto the bulb? or just in your hand... the igniter needs to be fitted onto the bulb for it to work. Yeh in your 2nd pic, thats the right way - arrow up

172 sport
UUpdate

Swapped the ignitors over one that was ok works both sides the other one is knackered well te hunt for a ignitor begins

172 sport
Also quick question when putting the igniter back in with the plastic ring does it slot in in any particular way as mine does not feel right if that makes sense cheers