ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one local willing to help?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Afternoon all.
I'm looking to give my ph2 172 (berg) a spruce up inside and out, smarten up the headlights as they're looking a bit tired and add a bit of winter protection on to the body work.

Here's my problem.
I'm currently recovering from a crash and have extensive nerve damage in my neck and right arm, along with a separated shoulder and collar bone which I'm awaiting treatment for along with a sub-laxing patella (my knee gives way completely at any given moment) and torn ligaments + tendons in my right foot. (Don't you just love the NHS!)
This means I have highly limited use of my body for now and virtually no use of my right arm. Sadly I am in no condition to give the car the clean she deserves at the moment. I'm stuck using a jet wash and snowfoam gun to keep her clean and that just is not enough.

If any members local to Newport/Chepstow would be willing to lend a huge hand, I would be able to repay you in kind with tea, coffee, biscuits, cake and a bit of £££ for your time, effort and petrol.
I don't like to ask and I certainly want no sympathy, but I would genuinely appreciate some help ten fold.

:cheers:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My apologies for the update on this all and long read....

My car is now sitting on the driveway dormant and the body work is looking a bit grotty from the lovely weather we have had. My own body is now at the point where I barely function day to day as even doing the simplest of tasks is now a constant pain and struggle. Even typing this out is a challenge for me as the nerve damage is causing my right hand to turn in to a f*cking claw (scary movie 2 - My germs scene)
Going from sitting and standing in a chair is a nightmare, getting in my car and driving...not happening at all as my knee is braced for now and my ankle fully strapped.

I may well have to cancel the south wales meet on April 6th or find someone that can take over the running of the day for me as I've now been given a hospital date before the meet and probably will not be healed in time :( If anyone is interested in doing so please PM me......

I would really love to get some bits and bobs done before I go in to hospital again as I like to keep my car clean and tidy but haven't been able to anything with it in my ownership in the last few months. Shes had 3 jet washes and they have been torture for me each time.
Meeting up with SharkyUK and a few others was the last "drive" she had aside from a few 3 miles journeys which have all been agony for me.
The car has shes been sat looking like crap since then without any love.

There is no winter coat on her at all as it stands and I don't really want her sat for another 2-3 months without some protection but I physically cannot raise or lower my right arm at the moment to even pick up the jet wash let alone kneel down to wax/polish the body work or tackle the headlights and when I'm healed I'd like to just be able to "hop" in and enjoy her looking nice and tidy for a while before being able to go back to as "normal" as can be.

I would ask my family and other friend to help out but they have done enough for me over the last 13 months and sadly have as much knowledge as a doorstop when it comes to car bodies.

If there is anyone on here willing to help, or if you know of someone who could it would be genuinely appreciated and met with heartfelt thanks along with the aforementioned tea, coffee, biscuits, cake along with some £££ for your time, effort and petrol. I will even throw in a huge steak dinner with all the trimmings of your choice to anyone willing to help if needed as a further bribe.

Also thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and my prior apologies if there is a delay in any of my replies, typing one handed is not my forte.

*I'm aware this may now be in the wrong section so if a mod comes across it please feel free to move where applicable*

twingo
unfortunately i'm in scotland champ, if i was closer i'd come around and sort your car out for you not because i feel for you, just because you sound like an all round good guy. it's a shame that nobodies offered up some help mate. not a shame on your half, but a shame that nobodies got an ounce of human decency to help out someone who's down on their luck and needs a little bit of help. my mum was in your situation near enough a few years back so i know what you're going through. best of luck with all the hospital appointments! :)

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm sure someone will help you. . As above you are a little far from me and my skills aren't the best.. Get well soon :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you can get the car to Bristol and you cover my products, I 'll do it.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd love to help. You are a bit far away though

If only you was closer to me! Someone on here must be willing to help!

Thank you guys, it's good to know there's some decent folk on here.

unfortunately i'm in scotland champ, if i was closer i'd come around and sort your car out for you not because i feel for you, just because you sound like an all round good guy. it's a shame that nobodies offered up some help mate. not a shame on your half, but a shame that nobodies got an ounce of human decency to help out someone who's down on their luck and needs a little bit of help. my mum was in your situation near enough a few years back so i know what you're going through. best of luck with all the hospital appointments! :)

A genuine thank you for your kind words Oscar. I hope your mother is feeling a lot better now!

Might be worth PM'ing a mod seeing if they will move this into your regional area, might have a better chance of being spotted :)

I did think it may off been in the wrong section Thom, I'll see if one of the mods can look in to it.
Again thank you fella.

I'm sure someone will help you. . As above you are a little far from me and my skills aren't the best.. Get well soon :)

If you can get the car to Bristol and you cover my products, I 'll do it.

I'll pay for the products if it helps

Dan - Sadly I can't drive that far at all, I'm being chauffeured around by the misses at the mo...and I will not let her drive my car, she can barely handle her fiesta 1.2. But honestly, thank you ever so much for the offer.
Chi - My god you are a good man and a true gent, but I would not be able to accept that from you. :nono:
I highly appreciate the offer though! :star:

Hope someone does it for you mate to far for me tbh

I hope so too Dave, thanks!!

Touched by some of the response's so far, honestly humbled and proud to be a CS member.

clio 182 trophy
Filters - Orite fella really sorry to hear about your accident! I wish you a speedy recovery! I am more than happy to help out mate! I have a week off next week so can arrange something then if you like? I don't know how much use I would be but like I said, I'm willing to help all the same.

182ff
@Filters - Orite fella really sorry to hear about your accident! I wish you a speedy recovery! I am more than happy to help out mate! I have a week off next week so can arrange something then if you like? I don't know how much use I would be but like I said, I'm willing to help all the same.
Looks like you got it sorted but if you need any help with this let me know,I would be happy to help.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Filters - Orite fella really sorry to hear about your accident! I wish you a speedy recovery! I am more than happy to help out mate! I have a week off next week so can arrange something then if you like? I don't know how much use I would be but like I said, I'm willing to help all the same.

Looks like you got it sorted but if you need any help with this let me know,I would be happy to help.

Cheers for the offers to help chaps, I've had a PM from MJracing who seems to know his stuff!
(talks of decontamination and paint correction :eek:) Which is more than I was looking for.

Please don't take this as though I am doubting either of your capabilities at all!!!!
But for now I'll wait and see what he says if that's okay with you guys? As to be fair to the man, he was straight in with a PM.

If it transpires that he needs a few extra hands though or cannot help due to his own commitments, there is always enough steak here to go around!
Genuinely appreciate both of your offers and will keep you both posted if you don't mind?

Again thank you guys.

clio 182 trophy
Cheers for the offers to help chaps, I've had a PM from MJracing who seems to know his stuff!
(talks of decontamination and paint correction :eek:) Which is more than I was looking for.

Please don't take this as though I am doubting either of your capabilities at all!!!!
But for now I'll wait and see what he says if that's okay with you guys? As to be fair to the man, he was straight in with a PM.

If it transpires that he needs a few extra hands though or cannot help due to his own commitments, there is always enough steak here to go around!
Genuinely appreciate both of your offers and will keep you both posted if you don't mind?

Again thank you guys.

No problem at all fella! Hope all is well, you make a speedy recovery and get the car looking like you wan't it! If you need an extra pair of hands don't hesitate to drop me a pm! Nice 1, steff.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No problem at all fella! Hope all is well, you make a speedy recovery and get the car looking like you wan't it! If you need an extra pair of hands don't hesitate to drop me a pm! Nice 1, steff.

Thank you Steff, you're a legend and your generosity is amazing. :)

I've just suggested to MJ that it may be a bit easier with a few extra hands (of course I will be doing as much as I can as well) so it would be quicker for any and all involved.

If you could help then it would be great to meet you and repay you for your generosity!

182ff
Ok no problem, mjracing sounds like he knows his stuff, post before and after pics if you can, hope you recover soon.
thanks, Paul .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great outcome. If you were closer to me I would have helped out 200%. Hope you make a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing the pics when clean :)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok no problem, mjracing sounds like he knows his stuff, post before and after pics if you can, hope you recover soon.
thanks, Paul .

Paul, top man for offering to help and thank you for the well wishes.
If you still wish to pop along feel free, plenty of steak to go around.
All the best to you and thanks again!

Great outcome. If you were closer to me I would have helped out 200%. Hope you make a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing the pics when clean :)

I will certainly be making sure there's a before and after thread. I may even film the process and edit it during healing time.
Here's hoping ehhh (fingers crossed) and I've no doubt if you were closer you'd of been great help!
Cheers fella. :)

Really good outcome! This forum can be great at times! :approve:

Good luck with your recovery matey

Seems you were right on getting it moved to a different section Thom..
Thanks for suggesting to pm a mod, worked a treat :)
Cheers mucka, all the best to you and yours!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I've only just picked this up and not been online much of late.

I'm very sorry to hear things aren't going so well health-wise at the moment. I know you are struggling after chatting with you at the impromptu meet-up a few weeks back. I hope you can soon find some relief and comfort in whatever form it takes.

Naturally I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I know you would do likewise were the situation reversed. The only problem I have is getting time off before March. I have a few days off at the beginning of March but sadly cannot offer anything sooner than that (maybe the odd Saturday, but can't guarantee that). I'm no expert but I've detailed a few cars and have my DA polisher and various products (somewhere in the house). If you can't sort anything sooner than that then give me a shout and we can perhaps sort something out mate.

In the meantime, take it easy and I hope you aren't in too much discomfort.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
There will be clio's parked all up your street/drive at this rate.

Haha that will make a nice change for my neighbors then, the street used to be full of bikes every weekend!

Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I've only just picked this up and not been online much of late.

I'm very sorry to hear things aren't going so well health-wise at the moment. I know you are struggling after chatting with you at the impromptu meet-up a few weeks back. I hope you can soon find some relief and comfort in whatever form it takes.

Naturally I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I know you would do likewise were the situation reversed. The only problem I have is getting time off before March. I have a few days off at the beginning of March but sadly cannot offer anything sooner than that (maybe the odd Saturday, but can't guarantee that). I'm no expert but I've detailed a few cars and have my DA polisher and various products (somewhere in the house). If you can't sort anything sooner than that then give me a shout and we can perhaps sort something out mate.

In the meantime, take it easy and I hope you aren't in too much discomfort.

Afternoon Andy (get ready for a long read again) Cheers for the well wishes matey and hope all's well with you and your lady?
No one had picked up on this thread as I had it in the wrong section for a while ahaha (curse of the newb)....so honestly no need to apologies at all pal!! Still really appreciate the ride in the V6, my right ear drum has never been the same since! :D

Things started going downhill again a while before the impromptu meet up and has been on a slow and steady decline since jan 2013. I'm guessing our lovely weather has been adding to it all, though, the 13 months the NHS has made me wait so far is probably far more responsible for the decline in my health.......B*stards!!! :mad:

The reason I had dropped the cheeky little tag in was because I thought that you would maybe like to take over the running of the meet on the 6th of April? As I've met you and I know you already have a bit of knowledge of the roads up there from trips with your own car club. Your head's plenty screwed on enough to run it safely for all involved and I don't really know of anyone else who could aside from yourself and Matt W, as no one really seems to know any sections of the route aside from you two gents.

I would rather not cancel it if it can be avoided, as a fair bit of effort went in to it with some top suggestions from members such as Matt W, yourself and all involved in the initial thread.
My one thought to save the meet was to find a member who is willing to drive my car along the route so I can still tag along/make sure we stay on track but being realistic, I don't think my insurance covers another driver and I still won't really be back to scratch within a month of my hospital appointments.

So if yourself or any other members could help to save the meet....that would be f*cking amazing (and at this point is my main concern tbh as cancelling a perfectly good opportunity for fellow members to have a top day out would be 100% sh*t) All the hard work for it is done, it would be a case for anyone willing to help on the meet....of just turning up and making sure everyone kept pace with who ever takes over the meet.

Also.....If you're willing to help on the clean up/protection front that would be brilliant mucka, A DA-polisher would get the job done a lot quicker and as I've seen how much pride you put in to your own cars, I'd be happy to let you loose on the "Berg with it. Anytime any one can spare to help out would be a major added bonus for me at the moment and greatly appreciated..........though that was not the reason behind the tag as I know you're a busy busy man!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks to @MJRacing I can finally look at my car again.

After he stopped by earlier (on his way home from shepton mallet) and gave it a damn good clean. It was clear to us both that there was no protection on the paintwork underneath the grime......Honestly couldn't believe the amount of s**te dripping off the wheels and body work.....

Some before....
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg

Sadly there wasn't enough time today to really give it any winter protection but at least for all the cack is off the body work now so it's not going to start growing moss over the next few weeks.

MJR....top man for all your efforts, cannot fault you at all. (end results....)
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

Next on the list is to add some protection on to the bodywork when time allows.
Anyone interested in seeing the rest of the pics the links below. Didn't have time to get any before pics of the car today but Im sure MJR will agree that it looked depressed!
http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/Supermoto_npt/slideshow/Clio Clean Day - MJR to the rescue

Nice one MJR...cannot thank you enough.

Last edited:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My thoughts exactly! Stopped off for an hour before having to pick his little one up.
Never met the chap before and to go out of his way like that for someone he didn't know....faith in humanity restored!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd love to mate as I'm sure you would return the favour, as you know I don't get much time off :(. Op car looks great and hope you return to full health ASAP :)