ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any reason why the same side rear shock..

So late on last year my O/S rear shock leaked and I could really feel it had gone. Some came up cheap second hand on here only covering a small amount of milage so bought them and replaced the faulty one and all was fine.

Now over the last week I have felt the same harsh ride again that I had last time, feels like it's the same on however I've not actually been able to check if it is the same one I replaced.

I may actually buy two new ones this time around but don't want to get into the same place in another 8 months time. Would there be any reason why the same side shock would go twice in a short time? Or have I just been unlucky when buying a second hand one?

Cheers

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Are all the springs ok? I'd go for brand new shocks pesonally, they aren't very expensive.

They all look fine, seated properly. They are Eibach Sportlines and have been on for over a year now, will have another check over and order a pair of new rears and hope its just a one off.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you buy them second hand...you don't know the life that they've had before you purchased them...for around £40 each brand new, theres nothing to be saved really and they should come with 12 month warranty. :)

Cup In bits
Replace suspension parts in pairs tbh, the other one will just fail quickly or cause unneeded stress on the newer item. Typically left side shock absorbers get a harder life on road with roundabouts and also holes at the roadside.