ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any remap before & after results out there?

a thirsty one
considering it for a while, i am aware of all the usual places Rs tuning, henk, k-tec,superchips etc

loads of remap threads over last year or so but i havnt seen any post up before and after 1*2 results.

anyone have any? i know were only looking at a few bhp and few extra lbt torque.

thanks

a thirsty one
yeah i have read many positive reviews about henks work i was just really seeing if anyone has a before and after rr test (i know they can be tweaked by operator and are not gospel) but just curious if anyone has used rstuning before and after rr result and if so what kind of gains did they get.

BMW M135i
Tbh whatever the map i'd have thought all the results would be the same, the rstuner is the cheapest and gives you the flexibility of alterations so its a no brainer imo.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I agree, it would be so much better to see some back to back results - pre and post the remap.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
you will find that alot of "us" that get the rs ttuner and the maps are so pleased with the results (or the feel of the results) that we dont feel the need to put it on a rolling road....feeling is better than seeing :p

However with rstuner, you can get the figure of power at the wheels....but not at the fly, so its a bit hard to compare it to the 172 fly result.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i want a remap and looking at a live map from RS Tuning

not sure about the tuner atm

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
you will find that alot of "us" that get the rs ttuner and the maps are so pleased with the results (or the feel of the results) that we dont feel the need to put it on a rolling road....feeling is better than seeing :p

However with rstuner, you can get the figure of power at the wheels....but not at the fly, so its a bit hard to compare it to the 172 fly result.

:cool: I'll probably go for it, too someday.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
what would be better??

£350 for live map - £50+ petrol to get a live map from RS tuning

or the RS Tuner kit??

i need help deciding as i want trhe best out my 172

feebs

Renault clio mk2
we recently tried from fastchip the RS tunner pro kit to a 182 cup...I am just putting you down the diagramms..:

with vamag...
calculated by diagnostic program

aV24fBS0.jpg

with fastchips
calculated by diagnostic program...

aV24fYji.jpg

comparing vamag - fastchip

aV2bCXnr.jpg

intermidiade messures low numbers

aV2bDAhJ.jpg

intermidiade messures high numbers

aV2bDRKJ.jpg

maximum curves by fastchip

aV2bEs9S.jpg

please state your thoughts....

Last edited:
  172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
we recently tried from fastchip the RS tunner pro kit to a 182 cup...I am just putting you down the diagramms..:

with vamag...

aV24fBS0.jpg

with fastchips

aV24fYji.jpg

aV2bCXnr.jpg

aV2bDAhJ.jpg

aV2bDRKJ.jpg

aV2bEs9S.jpg

The chart showing the comparison between Vamag and Fastchip shows a 4 HP and 22 Lb/ft torque gain. That's a lot of extra torque!

What other changes were made to the Clio to get so much extra torque?

Ph1
Can see the advantage of a tuning box and there alright for a lot of applications but i prefer to take it to someone who knows their trade. Maybe im old 'skool' lol

After about a million threads on the subject, people have'nt cottoned to the plain fact that there's not much power/torque to be gained by just a re-map, who ever does it. That's why you never see a convincing ''before and after''.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
After about a million threads on the subject, people have'nt cottoned to the plain fact that there's not much power/torque to be gained by just a re-map, who ever does it. That's why you never see a convincing ''before and after''.

I agree with you, totally - these are not the same as turbo'd engines and won't see big gains by just a re-map. But with a matched head, better exhaust etc and then the re-map, you can gain some extra power. How much though, who knows. But I'd still like to know where the 20 ish extra pounds of torque came from in the graphs above, I wonder what else the car has had done to it?

Renault clio mk2
except a ramair to the original induction kit the car have not get any other extras modifications...what you see on the diagramms is the before and after using the fastchips RS tunner kit...

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
1385 kg no way, what were you doing 4 passangers and WOT :)

try lower weight values and if possible weigh it.

with vamag...

aV24fBS0.jpg

with fastchips

aV24fYji.jpg

aV2bCXnr.jpg

aV2bDAhJ.jpg

aV2bDRKJ.jpg

aV2bEs9S.jpg

Renault clio mk2
1385 kg no way, what were you doing 4 passangers and WOT :)

try lower weight values and if possible weigh it.

the DRIVER-OWNER of the car(which was driving at the time of messures) is almost 120Kg I was handling the laptop and I am 95Kg!as you can see almost 220 kg were ONLY the 2 passengers...I think the 182 cup weights about 1,054t...!simple mathematics..!!!!:cheers: :cheers:
sorry I forgot to say about the 2 subwoofers....:quiet: :quiet:

because the guy who owns the 182 is a captain and we made the remap 3 days before he left for Tawain to take a Cargo ship and sail it to Vancouver, Canada when he will come back in October will make new measures with some weight off..such as the subwooffers..with a driver to weights less than 80 Kg..and perhaps 1 Bucket seat inside....

Last edited: