ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any southeast meet ups for a convoy to Clio Festival

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
Hi all
So I’ve got my ticket to the cliosport Festival
I want to join a convoy up there I’m from the southeast, Cheshunt Hertfordshire.
Would be great to join others for a good ride up there.
Please let me know if your meeting others 👍

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
You’ll be passing through Bedfordshire where I’ll be coming from. Convoy fwend??

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Assume you’ll be coming up the A1? My plan was to wait by the A1 until I saw a Clio or two then join in haha, I’m only an hour away from Blyton though.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
Thanks all for your replies
So I’m based in Cheshunt Hertfordshire and I’m planning on travelling up to CSF July 16th going leave my place at 6am the route I believe I’m taking is getting on to the M1 at junction 8 Hemel Hampstead so if your around that area about 6.30 to 6.40am let me know or if anyone wants to meet up at a service station along the M1 👍

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ll likely go A1 as live pretty close. Was planning on going early though.

ClioSaint

ClioSport Club Member
  Various
To me it was either early doors Saturday leaving or doing the camping thing, or hotel, on Friday night. As it's almost 3 hours away from me so leaving at 6.. means getting there around 9am... depending on traffic. It would depend on what time the track sessions are starting as I'm on the morning run, so I'd prefer to get there in plenty of time to prep the car and put any gear in the car to one side. I'll most likely plan to go up Friday evening, nice leisurely drive with no traffic (hopefully) and depending on what time they shut the doors get into the circuit in time to bed down. Not quite so early a rise then and no 3 hour drive plus track session to do.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
I am 15 min from you @ixell . I was planning to leave early Saturday also, so I might be tagging along.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Thanks all for your replies
So I’m based in Cheshunt Hertfordshire and I’m planning on travelling up to CSF July 16th going leave my place at 6am the route I believe I’m taking is getting on to the M1 at junction 8 Hemel Hampstead so if your around that area about 6.30 to 6.40am let me know or if anyone wants to meet up at a service station along the M1 👍

I'll be driving up on Saturday morning from Chelmsford, Essex, but not sure what route you would take I would be looking at:

M11 > A14 > A1 > A1M > A1 > A46 > A15

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
I can meet you in Cheshunt somewhere, and then have a decent drive up on A10, A602 ( I think that would be your route to get on A1 at J8 ) and then join A1, or go boring M25->A1

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I'll be driving up on Saturday morning from Chelmsford, Essex, but not sure what route you would take I would be looking at:

M11 > A14 > A1 > A1M > A1 > A46 > A15
Fancy meeting at birchangar services if you haven’t sorted something else?

ClioSaint

ClioSport Club Member
  Various
I am planning at 6pm. @ixell, are you still going ?

@ClioSaint were are you ? You local and want to join ?
6pm Friday for Saturday main day or 6pm Saturday for Sunday main day?

I'm about 5 mins from Cheshunt, all depends on when you're all considering leaving. I was either going to go up Friday night and camp over or early doors Saturday morning. I'm up for the morning session on track and so I'll have to sign on from 8am Saturday.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow

I'm about 5 mins from Cheshunt, all depends on when you're all considering leaving. I was either going to go up Friday night and camp over or early doors Saturday morning. I'm up for the morning session on track and so I'll have to sign on from 8am Saturday.
Sorry mate, wanted to say 6am Saturday (didn't had my coffee).
I am waiting for ixell to confirm if he's still coming and wants to buddy up for the drive.

I was also looking to do a morning track session, but apparently my car might be to loud and also the guy I was going to get some tyres went silent, so I am in a doubt.

If you need to be there at 8, you might need to leave earlier than 6, as its a 2 and 1/2 hours drive to the track.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2

Hi Ricky

so I’m going to leave at 6am Saturday
Yeah you need to sign on so maybe you want to come and say Hello at the venue I’m taking my Clio 172 Cup has a turbo conversion the REG is HT53KLM 👍

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Fancy meeting at birchangar services if you haven’t sorted something else?

Hi!

I've still not yet sorted my route however after plotting the route earlier I may now travel up on Saturday evening and stay at my mum's as she's only 40mins away. However knowing me, this may all change, I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi!

I've still not yet sorted my route however after plotting the route earlier I may now travel up on Saturday evening and stay at my mum's as she's only 40mins away. However knowing me, this may all change, I'll keep you posted.

Tom
Saturday or Friday?

ClioSaint

ClioSport Club Member
  Various
I am planning at 6pm. @ixell, are you still going ?

@ClioSaint were are you ? You local and want to join ?
Slight change of plans think I may as well come up with you two at 6am on Saturday. I'd only have left an hour earlier tops, so may as well leave an hour later and go up in convoy. I'll still have time to rest the car and do some track time.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Slight change of plans think I may as well come up with you two at 6am on Saturday. I'd only have left an hour earlier tops, so may as well leave an hour later and go up in convoy. I'll still have time to rest the car and do some track time.
Should we say Saturday 6am at the Tesco petrol station, EN8 0TA ? @ixell @ClioSaint

@Sash when do you want to leave ?

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ll be on the A1 north but starting in Bedfordshire. Probably too complicated to meet you on the road somewhere.

ClioSaint

ClioSport Club Member
  Various
I’ll be on the A1 north but starting in Bedfordshire. Probably too complicated to meet you on the road somewhere.
It wouldn't be easy but doable, you can plot our ETA in your area and just plod on up the A1 circa 60mph and we'll eventually catch up?