ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any way to get around the BT £125 reconnection fee?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Im moving into a new build on a rental basis so no line, no virgin coverage so BT is my only choice. They are going to charge an extortionate £125 to get me connected. Anyone know any way to get around this or at least have it brought down a bit? Robbing bar stewards :(

Better than yours. C*nt.
Mobile phone contract with a data plan? If you choose one appropriate for your area (with HSDPA coverage) then you're well away.

koi

Audi S1
Mobile phone contract with a data plan? If you choose one appropriate for your area (with HSDPA coverage) then you're well away.

Mobile broadband will cost a fortune if you're a heavy downloader though

How about getting Sky?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im moving into a new build on a rental basis so no line, no virgin coverage so BT is my only choice. They are going to charge an extortionate £125 to get me connected. Anyone know any way to get around this or at least have it brought down a bit? Robbing bar stewards :(

Yes, check the current offers.

I paid £35.

its a ball ache but here it is

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/...o/FrameworkImpl291574.htm#FrameworkImpl291574

The people at BT said it was for "people out of work or who have low income" FLOL!
Keep trying and quoting that offer, if not threaten to call ofcom.

172 Cup
what happens if you dont make the x amount of phone calls per month do you get charged extra

It's only 10 calls a month. Even if you have no friends you could always phone some random number and say hello before putting the phone down again.

Megane Trophy #147
if its a new build you usually have to pay it cos there has never been service there before only way round it is to find a provider that will refund it or give you a discount i used to work for customer service for bt and now i'm an angineer and i know bt will stand their ground and i mite be wrong but i don't think ofcom will do anything

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
yeh i had to pay it, BT are one of the worst companies ive ever dealt with. When getting the line connected and broadband, i had so many problems. It was rediculous.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Yeah, id rather go with anyone but BT but as I need a line to start with they will tie me into a contract regardless. Pile of poo

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Does that calling plan thing mean I need to make 10 calls per month or 10 calls I have to pay for per month to qualify for the £35 install? Seems a bit of a con really

Does that calling plan thing mean I need to make 10 calls per month or 10 calls I have to pay for per month to qualify for the £35 install? Seems a bit of a con really

Yea, offers like that are evil!
I'd rather just them put £1 on the monthly cost.

I avoided the connection charge by signing up with a different phone line rental provider (Bulldog). I think Bulldog got bought by Tiscali - so I think they offer the same services now.

I pay £20 a month for phone line rental (normally £10.50 per month with BT!) and unlimited broadband - seems like a good deal to me!

Edit: Just to add that it was a BT engineer who came and connected the line anyway! Just didn't charge me the £125 i would have had to pay otherwise.

Edit: Just to add that it was a BT engineer who came and connected the line anyway! Just didn't charge me the £125 i would have had to pay otherwise.

BT have to - it's their network.
If anyone connects a phone line (except Virgin/NTL), BT always have to install it.

It's just, the ISP will have an agreement with them and/or pay the connection charge.. they'll just absorb the cost in your contract probably.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Well i cant get around it as I dont want the 18 month contract

However, when speaking to sky, they did tell me if I call up after I have the TV installed and tell them I want the phone and Broadband with them, they will give me a credit on my account to cover part of the cost. See how it goes!

Clio200 EDC Lux
Yep I used the same offer (found it elsewhere) fook paying £125 for some BT monkey to plug 2 wires in at the exchange!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I paid the £125 in the end but $ky are refunding me when I sign up for their broadband and telephone so effectively cost me nothing

VW ....
i sadly read this thread after i had just got my new line put in .

none the less i thought i would phone BT to kick up f**k ,saying they never offered me it etc .After a few phone calls ,speaking to various nationalities & even one person cutting me off because i wouldn't take no for an answer lol .I now have a credit of 95 squid :)

Cheers Tom x