ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody know taillight smoking laws?

Clio Mk3 1.4
What are the rules on smoking my tail-lights?

Dont fancy gettin pulled over from police and having to pay for a new set of lights coz i sprayed them too black!

Also do u have to put laquer nd stuff on if you are spraying them?

cheerz

As long as you leave some of the red reflector showing then they can't get you for that, but don't go too dark or they'll get shitty on you.

And make sure you do a gloss layer over the top if you must smoke them as that way it'll look a little less like a home bodge job lol

Basically as white16valver said. The law is you must have a visible reflector on the rear, these are built into the rear lights so you can either leave them vissible OR put stick on ones on...

Clio Mk3 1.4
Iv got a clio mk3, it has a 5 inch reflector along the top of the rear window, like where some cars have another brake light, would that be enough? or do i need some showing on the tail lights?

would it be possible to make them halos using paint or tints, like by using stencils or w/ever? just wondering...

Mine are legal because of the two reflective strips...

011-15.jpg

015-12.jpg

When i saw this post i went looking on ebay. was wondering about the spray on stuff, how would you spray this.? dismantle part of the ligth and take of the plastic lense and spray the inside? and with that spray can u spray them too black, i know about the strip to leave i guess u just masking tape that part off but any info would be apprieciated. :)

Will