ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody seen this thread ??

Clio 2.0 138hp
I was reading through a thread a few weeks back about a crazy dude who has made his own rally buggy sorta thing. Im looking at doing something similar and im in need of inspiration. Anybody remember where the thread was. I cant find it for the life of me. If it helps i remember the thing was red and originally had a rotary in it. Last post i remember was of the new dashboard going in. Help please :)

406 V6, Race Buggy
Less mental?

We don't do less mental.
Only more mental:

GSR31stOct09008.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
Less mental?

We don't do less mental.
Only more mental:

View attachment 1378873
Now that makes more mental more tempting. What automobile did that 'fall out of' ??
Whilst im at it i might as well ask, dont suppose you have a sorta cheat sheet of suspension geometry for those kinda buggys do you. Ive seen one before and it had a load of ideal angles. A bit like with go karts and ideal kingpin and akerman angles. i should have saved the blasted thing when i found it ages ago :(

406 V6, Race Buggy
No, there's no ideal angles, everything is driven by your driveshaft and CV angle limits really, and then what suspension system you intend to package.

That's the 5.0L V10 out of one the old M5's,

406 V6, Race Buggy
Ah, that one's an old car, we used to build them for customers. That one was our demo car years ago and got sold on pretty quick,

There's a Nissan powered one in the background of some of the pictures of the other buggy too if you flick back through the thread.

Last edited:
  406 V6, Race Buggy
There you go, that's that one looking a bit more like:

iPhone037.jpg

GSR31stOct09013.jpg

's one of the V6 ones on the newer shell (never liked this shell tbfh, this car now has a Mini shell sat over it instead)

NewCarFrontPage-2.jpg

In fact, this one:

FINISHED%20012.jpg

Inside:

after2.jpg

Dash-2.jpg

A v6 car naked:

13-12-07_1518.jpg

Then all the racks, diffs, etc, we machined ourselves:

30-12-07_1704.jpg

KIF_1534-1.jpg

GSRbrake.gif