ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone any experience with a HELIX or similar clutch?

Range Rover Sport
Think I'm going to swap the clutch soon.

From previous cars a Helix 'Organic' was a slight step up from OEM, is this the case with the clio too?

Anyone any experience with said clutch or similar?

I do like the feel of OEM however I have had mega heavy clutch in previous cars but I don't see the need for a 'paddle/twin/double' in the clio.

Any info would be great.

Range Rover Sport
Car standard? Then OE is perfectly fine

Yes, I'm aware OEM is fine. However while swapping I feel why not 'upgrade' while its being done?

But as you say I'm confident a standard one is fine for most people but as i'll be swapping for piece of mind, would be silly not to look at 'improving' it if I can.

Range Rover Sport
they're pretty much off or on, even with organic plate, horrible to use in traffic

You're back!! .......*whispers quietly* Whiteline.

Food for thought I guess, don't mind it being pretty bad in traffic as I have used a lot worse in the past, is it worth it for 'track' purpose?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You're back!! .......*whispers quietly* Whiteline.

Food for thought I guess, don't mind it being pretty bad in traffic as I have used a lot worse in the past, is it worth it for 'track' purpose?

It will do your head in eventually.

Range Rover Sport
It will do your head in eventually.

You say that, but apart from on and off the tailor I cant see it being a huge 'bore'?

However I do like the fact I would/could be future proofing it for later engine modification?!?!

I'm in two minds, I guess I can mull it over the next few weeks...

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You say that, but apart from on and off the tailor I cant see it being a huge 'bore'?

However I do like the fact I would/could be future proofing it for later engine modification?!?!

I'm in two minds, I guess I can mull it over the next few weeks...

Depends how often you sit in traffic or need to do hill starts lol.

Paddle clutches are even worse, feel like putting in a whiplash claim after road use.

Range Rover Sport
Depends how often you sit in traffic or need to do hill starts lol.

Paddle clutches are even worse, feel like putting in a whiplash claim after road use.

I don't sit in the car much, let alone traffic lol.

Yes I know what you're saying though.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if you are staying under 200lb/ft no point, there is no 'upgrade' as the standard is the best you can get for that power really.

Trophy Turbo :)
A helix paddle clutch with a valeo covet plate feels ok to me and ok in traffic, yes a small judder on pull off but some thing that easly you can get used to

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I had the HElLIX organic kit bought from k-tec, but due to some other problems I had to change it after 30k. But it felt nice, obviously not that user friendly in trafic but I got used to it and loved it. Coupled with full engine mount upgrade and poly pushed dogbone it really sharpens things up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes, I'm aware OEM is fine. However while swapping I feel why not 'upgrade' while its being done?

But as you say I'm confident a standard one is fine for most people but as i'll be swapping for piece of mind, would be silly not to look at 'improving' it if I can.

Why not upgrade?
Because it will be harsher to use and wont last as long.

Its not that the standard clutch is "ok" for the standard car, its that it is the best possible one available.

Only exception being if you are REALLY hammering it, ie actual racing with monstrously un-mechanically-sympathetic gear changes as it is possible to delimaminate them in those circumstances in very extreme cases, but you would never do it in normal driving or trackdays etc.