ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone changed their aerial??

Cheees Jaffa but I meant replacing the whole lot, how would you remove yours from the roof?? I know the whip unscrews but what about the rest of it?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What marak of Clio do you have mate? They all just bolt in but Mk1 and Mk2 ph1 you can get tto by going in from behind the light and ph2 you have to pull the roof lining down a bit. Still pretty simple

Mk2 172, that's what I feared, don't really want to get too involved with my roof lining!!! Basically got no signal for my sat nav, want to get to all connections and see what's what.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its not to the point off ripping glue off iirc. Just need to pop it out of the rubbers and hold it down a bit

Doesnt sat nav need a different type of aerial?

I assumed it would have a different receiver but someone on here said it was the same as my radio aerial?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
To get a signal, put the sat nav reciever under the small clear rectangle in the centrebottom of the windscreen, the rest of the screen is coated to protect agaisnt UV rays. Thats where the standard dash Gps reciever Is (i think) from renault.

Ive put my gps reciever there and it works fine.
I dont think the arial has anything to do with gps.

Haven't a clue where the receiver is, it's the factory fit sat nav, I wish I did know where the receiver was so I could check all the connections!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
right the aerial is the receiver is the satilite on the display red? we had a aerial bases go down in the past there is a computer for it somewhere the connections are in the c pillar behind the rear seat belts

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Have you tried putting the whole unit under the clear patch?

My gps camera detector goes under the clear patch, and my sat nav is on the right of the windscreen, kinda towards the drivers side window, so it can recieve the signal through that one, as it doesnt have the coating on it.

It's a bit of a sh!t really, really limits where you can put stuff, unless you buy an external gps reciever ( usually either bluetooth or wired) and mount it somewhere like on you parcel shelf, or some people like to put it under the black plastic bit behind the bonnet ( where the windscreen wipers are)

Edit:

Bugger, didnt read that lol, factory fitted: dont know lol

"Has" on here is a gps wizz, try pm'ing him?

Cheers Mike no worries! Yeah Lemonobby, my satellite is showing red, have you seen this before? I'll have a poke about behind my rear seats in daylight, see if I can find the connections!?!

Thanks for the help, anymore tips, keep them coming!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yea seen them red only on laguna II though but it the same set up, the connections are on the o/s of the car, and possibly a small spade connector above the headlining. Im not very good at it though at the best of times and i work for renault as well where u based mate?

Lewisham - Sth London, miles from you mate but you've given me the most help I've had for ages - I asked Toomey Renault to have a look at it when I had my 36k service and they didn't know what was wrong but suggested a new aerial but I'll have a look these connections first, feel more positive now cheers!!

One last thing (I hope anyway!!!) will I have to pull all the trim off on the c pillar, does it pop off??

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
not pop off no. this is were the ball ache starts you have 2 choices you may be able to pull it enough to see with the boot rubber out the way or put the rear seats down take off the trim were the seats are (where the rear speakers are the big trim) then you can remove that c pillar trim because them 2 trims interlock and i think theres a screw behind that trim where the seats are. hope i made sense as i just got bck from pub. why is everyone far away.

Yeah shame as I can't say I'm the most patient person in the world and this sounds time consuming, never mind, thanks for all the help anyway mate!!!!