ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone downloading Windows 7 Beta tomorrow? Legally!

Roffle at the software experts.

OMGZ Windows suxorz. Vista sux. 7 suxor. Move to another OS then, or f**k off and write your own? Muppets FTL.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Re: windows 7 ultimate (bag of sh*t)

i do have an idea you should be able to install an os and not have to f**k about with it trying to get all of your stuff to work with it, with xp you install it and it works, i know windows 7 is a beta at the moment but it looks really s**t as well

Complete and utter r****d.

Come here and install XP on this laptop then. You can't without a floppy disc drive. And even if you do that, the display doesn't have any drivers so that doesn't do particularly well either. Neither does the sound, until you get to SP3 or seperately install MS UAA update. On my big PC nothing works on XP without shedloads of MS updates.

I put Windows 7 on it. It worked. Ok, things needed drivers, but everything does.

I'm running Vista again as I quite like it, and W7 is only going to improve on that. XP is very, very outdated now in terms of hardware support. Plus with my new big machine I'll needs x64, of which XP is shite, as 24GB RAM needs either x64 or Windows Server Enterprise Edition. I don't know how good Server editions are at Crysis, so I'll pass on those...

Not a Clio
I suspect his machine came with XP pre-installed and what he means is he turned it on and everything was magically working ;)

Aside from mobo, X-Fi and printer drivers I've not had to do any fiddling to Windows 7 beta. It's looking good in my opinion. I've used it every day as my main OS since it was released.

SLK250 CDI
I've been trying to install Windows 7 Beta but I keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when the installer loads from the DVD. Already disabled serial and parallel ports in the BIOS but still same problem.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
seen a few 'cut-down' versions of Vista around... might go for one of them (running TinyXP - x64 atm).

might leave Windows 7 until SP2 ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have installed W7 build 7068 onto my laptop today and it's ok but not much different than Vista was.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Sorry Adam this is the first install I've tried for W7 so I can't really answer that but from what I've read from others it is. Gadgets have been introduced.

Fiesta ST2
im still running build 7000 with no troubles at all, im using it as my main os as it wipes the floor with vista.

Any difference in the higher builds?

i found build 7056 is alot more stable than build 7000 but i still cant play games on any build im suspecting the gfx card drives as they are still in beta too

Citroen DS3 DSport
My one problem so far though is the img file I used installed Windows 7 Pro and not Ultimate so my beta key will not work. Currently amending the img file and will reinstall.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I did eventually find some very annoying little issues, ended up back on Vista. All-in-All though, pretty decent for a Beta... although I know a few IT Experts that HATE it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
yeah you need to install ultimate

It looks like entering the Ultimate key in the Anytime Upgrade app within W7 will save me having to reinstall the entire OS. I knew if I played about with the options I'd eventually get it working :) Now running Ultimate edition.

Fiesta ST2
i work for an it company and we all use it - bar the fedora/bsd boys :p

I did eventually find some very annoying little issues, ended up back on Vista. All-in-All though, pretty decent for a Beta... although I know a few IT Experts that HATE it.

Scirocco GT 2.0
I love W7 :D

The only big issue I had with it until recently was the IE8 Beta bugs (this page wouldn't work without compatibility mode on for example) but now that has been released it's cushty

DMS

A thirsty 172
Downloaded the new x64 release candidate yesterday morning at work.
Technet subscription and being a Gold Partner FTW :D
Haven't had a play with it yet though. Any new features or improvements to report?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Next week IIRC. Technet and MSDN subscribers can download it already, and Gold partners have been able to evaulate it now for quite some time. They had to order it manually though, there was no download facility, which is why I only got it yesterday.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Next week IIRC. Technet and MSDN subscribers can download it already, and Gold partners have been able to evaulate it now for quite some time. They had to order it manually though, there was no download facility, which is why I only got it yesterday.

So from next week i should be able to go buy it in the shops?

I need a new laptop, so how long till it's on those is what I meant.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
x86 is the 64bit one right?

edit* found out that 64 is the 64 bit version, just assumed that the higher number would represent the 64bit one.. never mind!

Last edited:
  Astra CDTI SRI
x86 is the 64bit one right?

edit* found out that 64 is the 64 bit version, just assumed that the higher number would represent the 64bit one.. never mind!

x86 refers to older 286, 386 and 486 processors, before pentiums were even around.

The naming convention hasn't been changed since then.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
so im running vista 32 bit at the moment, what are the chances of me running windows 7 in 64bit? would I then be able to revert back to vista?

Dont think it will be long until the RC is cracked so doesnt expire

i installed the x86 ver last night on my laptop i tried the x64 ver but i didnt have a 64 bit driver for my dvdrw drive so it wouldnt install so far the new ver 7100 isnt much diffrent to the 7000 build that i had b4 installing this just seems more stable less glitches and a new boot screen but a deff improvement over vista just wating on RTM Now so i can buy it. ;);)

Evo 8 MR
Well its predicted for release in August iirc and will appear on new machines a few months later.

Not a Clio
I had some problems with software on the beta namely games so went back to Vista. Don't know if those problems would exist with the RC or not. If you want a play with something new then go for it, as long as you have Vista on a DVD or something you can always reinstall.