ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else had this annoying problem ???

Clio 182 cup FF
Hi all,

Quick question to see if anyone else has this annoying problem. When my Clio 182 FF gets up to around 30mph, I start hearing this annoying whistle type noise. It sounds like air is getting through somewhere causing the noise. When I put my window down. It sounds louder which gives me the suspension it's coming from the wheel perhaps ? Anyone else had this problem ? I'm sure it'll only be a minor thing. But it's SO annoying. Lol

Clio 182 cup FF
Just been out for a drive. And it's the door mirror. God knows why its started doing it. When I cover up the grooves in the door mirror. The whistling stops. So its my bloody door mirror. Lol. Anyone any idea how to stop it? It might just be be because it's stupidly windy at the moment. it's VERY annoying.

Clio 182 arctic
its not got a hole in the bottom of the mirror cap has it, cover just the hole with ur finger and see if its that, that way u could just fill the little hole

Clio 182 cup FF
It has the groove there so you can retarct them etc. That's where the noise is coming from ! Perhaps something has got in there. Causing the noise. I may take it off to have a look. my passenger side mirror doesn't make any noise.

b/g 182, meg tourer
its not the hole in the bottom of the mirror cap, people always think it is. its the gap where the mirror folds that is the problem. i put insulation tape on mine one day to seal the gap and it stopped it. no way of stopping the noise without having non folding mirrors im afraid. apart from insulation tape or cling film lol!

Clio 182 cup FF
Haha. I'm sure cling film will look brilliant. Haha. Only just started doing it. How strange. Ahh well. I'll just have to turn my music up. Haha. Cheers guys !!!!