ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone EVER got a 0-60 of 6.6 !!

Hi Guys,

More than anything i want to believe that the 172 MK1 is capable of 6.6 how realistic is this ??? has anyone ever timed a 0-60 as fast as this for their 172 ?? surely evo wouldnt lie about this !!!

Jock

evo are crap junos and dont havea clue what there on about, so i wouldnt believe them, as good as it sounds though. I mean, the factory says 6.8, and there always optamistic.

Silver Fabia vRS

I reckon my MK2 is pulling around 6.5 to 60; although I havent done this timed recently, when my car had 2000 miles I did 0-60 in 7.2 with the AP-22; and with nearly 12000 it has loosened up a lot.

Get a G-tech and test it yourself.
Done it in the Cooper S and got a reading of 6.72 secs to 60 on the factory 17"s. Did the same on a CTR and got a reading of 6.4 secs.
A lot of the magazine tests are carried out when the cars are not run in.
Also you get accustomed how to launch your own car to its full potential. i.e on the Cooper S it is best to be launched from about 4000 revs to get the best 0-60 time. I am sure the 6.6 secs on the 172 can be done.

It isnt just Evo that has tested the Phase 1 172 to 60 in 6.6 Secs as i believe Autocar has as well.
Still they must be crap Jurnos as well!