ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ever pulled there Knob off

2012 WRX Waggon

;) LOL!.

Gearknob I mean...had a quick dabble with mine with a view to changing it for a go-faster chrome one.

didnt seen to wanna move - didnt want to get too brutal.

VW Potato

ahem...

Ive often found that my knob is too big and wont fit in my hand comfortably. Sometimes its too stiff, so I have to insert it gently into the second slot.

(Im sorry - it was difficult to write about the size of the gear knob without lewd sexual innuendo, so I though, oh just go for it!) :oops:

g

Audi S3

yea i managed to pull my gear knob off when i was having a little clutch trouble a while back now it just spins arround!

320d M Sport

dont be a girl, do this:

Get hack saw, saw from side inwards (theyre plastic underneath the leather). Peel off leather and yank it off. REplace with Mk1 172 gearnob,

There u are, all courtesy of Paul172, i know cos im doing it in a few weeks, it looks miles better and feels top.

2012 WRX Waggon

Paddy - giz a shout when ur doing it - i wanna watch!!

Tried unscrewing it......NOT A CHANCE!! They must use super duper thread lock or something!

Sounds like the old hacksaw might just be the ticket.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 04 June 2003

dont be a girl, do this:

Get hack saw, saw from side inwards (theyre plastic underneath the leather). Peel off leather and yank it off. REplace with Mk1 172 gearnob,

There u are, all courtesy of Paul172, i know cos im doing it in a few weeks, it looks miles better and feels top.

Wait till winter...youll need to piss on your hand to get it off

LMAO!!! so true, in sunn HK they could reach 50+ deg.......i used my sunglasses case on the knob haha!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I know what you mean Ben,

The heat teaches you to change gear VERY quickly, but that sunglasses trick sounds good. must try it

oakley sunglasses bag over the knob...lol....its good, keeps it clean too.

Also noticed that my ring left a score after a million changes on the MK1.....so its marked as mine forever! haha

2012 WRX Waggon

I am sure the gear stick and knob are actually one piece LOL

there is no way I can shift it with me bare hands, I know its not winter but I tried the piss thing, just makes it more slippy:confused:.

Paddy Ill email u me mobile - r u going to the meet on Sat at JJB?

Yeah as Paddy said cut down the side in two places through the plastic and pull it off, or you could try using molegrips but wouldnt like to think what it was doing to the linkage underneath. We had to change 100 gearnobs on the Senics in 1 day at work as they all came with the wrong spec gearnobs on, and all of them were bonded on.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1054810795__DSCF0019.jpg

It looks so much better now with the mk1 172 gearnob fitted. Paul

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

erm u are all fairys i pulled mine off took a bit of grunting etc but it came off easy enuf, top tip posistion your face just above the nob and pull straight up :D

watched a m8 take a steering wheel of once, undid the bolt and pulled couldnt get it off yanked really hard hit him self in the face and needed 12 stitches on his lip where he smacked him self lol, dont think i have ever laffed so much in my life lol.