ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fitted metal door pins

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I took the door cards out yesterday to put some soundproofing in. When Id finished I had a look at the door pins to see how easy it would be to change them for metal ones. It seems you would have to cut the old ones off to fit the new ones.

Anyone here tried this??

Cheers

Rick

I did it on my old 16v. Yes, you do have to cut the old ones off, but the new metal ones are longer to compensate for this. Use a bit of araldite or gripfill on top of the pin, and youll have a nice little mod for not a lot of money.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Sounds like they might be the little thing in the bottom left corner near the front/side door/window of older cars which pops up or down if you lock or unlock a car using a key. Just a guess. The 172s dont have them.

Yes I fitted the metal ones, and I also fitted some flashing LEDs to them (not red ones )

The pins werent so hard gettin em on, but taking the old ones off was near impossible! I managed to snap the passender one off, but the drivers one I had to burn off!

But they look great when theyre done - go for it!