ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone fitted RS bumper to non RS ?

MKIII 138
i know some MKI owners have fitted the RS rear bumper to their MKI172`s and so have some non RS MKII owners but has anyone fitted the RS frint bumper ? and does it look odd without the flared sides ?

can anyone show me a pic of a RS front bumper on a non RS please also some details and prices please of where to buy. cheers !

MKIII 138
i know it should in theory work, as the clio cup race cars are 1.2 spec shell with 172 lump and suspension upgrades and a new RS front face so presumably should look a bit like this

PICT4012.JPG

Mazda MX5 1.8
there was a thread not long ago about this

apparently the bumper needs to be remoulded or something = expensive
would be nice if it was a easy-ish job!

MKIII 138
true ^ so basically the stock front end has to stay, ohh well at least rear bumper is easy and a decent mod.

Lionel Richie
meggerman said:
clio cup race cars are 1.2 spec shell with 172 lump and suspension upgrades

there's no "spec" to a shell mate

all clios regardless of model have the same shell

even the V6 is a 1.2 shell, just the frenchies went a bit mad with the plasma cutter

MKIII 138
FredYozzasport said:
there's no "spec" to a shell mate

all clios regardless of model have the same shell

even the V6 is a 1.2 shell, just the frenchies went a bit mad with the plasma cutter

i know, misuse of words on my part ^ thats what i meant.

has anyone cut their dynamic bumper or modded ?

www.renparts.co.uk
if you grind down the mounts the RS bumper Bends to fit.. Dutty_112 has done it and it looks perfect. However if your going to do it the proper way just fit the rs wings and it fits perfectly. You also need to fit side skirts but most people fit a set of aftermarket ones anyway. You will need large spaers on your front wheels though, otherwise the wheels look 'sunk' into the wider RS wings.

Chocolate Bar™
has' is perfect fit, but to do it professionally it was remoulded to fit properly. not only does it fit the arches perfectly but all the arch liners and undertrays are fitted properly as well with it attached on all the original mounting points, and the cup splitter is virtually a direct fit, as the corners havn't been bent to get it on the mounting points.