ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone from.....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

...Chesterfeld?

Ive seen quite a few 172s flying around, including a nice silver one with 17" mulitspokes that was parked in the doughnut last week!

Also a couple of valvers, a bright red one and a mk1 with gold alloys!

A couple of modded RTs too!

evo x rs

i am mate, Ive been today and parked in the doughnut. Mk1 in iceberg.

Also saw three mk2s knocking about. Theres loads round here. I thinks it to do with all the car supermarket round our parts. Shame really!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Sweet, Ill keep my eyes open and give u a nod if i see any mk1s around, ive got a K reg red RT at the moment!

keep your eyes open for any valvers for sale locally as im after one at the moment! The used car place down near J James cycles has a blue N reg but the millege is a bit high!

Cheers

Im from Chesterfield too... Dont see any 172s driving around with ClioSport.net stickers on though. Have to arrange a mini-meet or something one weekend?

Matt

evo x rs

ill meet up mate, no worries. I havent got a sticker yet, just havent got round to it.

Whenever I see a 172 I flash etc. and they look at me gone out.

Matt is yours a w-reg, and r u from Matlock.

Forest,

My reg is X**CDT and Ive got an EVO sticker in the rear window (I know, I know, the shame of it... ) Im working in Nottingham at the mo but Im often around Chesterfield (Ashgate/Brampton/Newbold) at the weekends seeing the folks... Dont know if thats anywhere near you?

I flash and wave at other 172s too, but like you say they look at you gone out! Most of them seem to be driven by middle-age guys (no offence intended to anyone here!). I did see a W-reg 172 pull out the hospital behind me and we waved at each other, but thats about it!

Matt

Im in Sheffield and will be glad to come over to Chesterfield to meet a few more Cliosport peeps. Could have a run in the Peaks as well....

Rhys

Any time is pretty much okay for me, as long as it is not August Bank Holiday weekend. If we all fancy a drive out in the Peaks, weekday evenings are best. Had an excellent run this evening from about 7.30pm until 9pm or so. Very little traffic, very good roads . Otherwise, weekends are okay too....

As far as I can see, those who want to meet up are:

Me
Adams_2K
Forest172
Matt4478
Craggy

Any suggestions of where to meet / where we can get all the cars parked up together / where we can get a drink?! E-mail is rhys172@yahoo.co.uk,

Rhys

Weekday evenings are a bit of an arse for me as Ill have to come from Nottingham, but if its better for everyone else then Ill make sure Im there!

I dont know the peaks (at all!) so if anyone else knows a good place to meet/drink then just give me some rough directions and Ill be there...

Matt

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Im up for it but would prefer to have my new motor, only running around in a RT at the moment!

Ill still come though! Any night is fine!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Dont think Id have a chance keeping up with you 172 and williams boys if we went for a drive though! Im sure one of you wouldnt mind a swap for the day hehe

Never been in either car so you could always show me what im missing out on!

Cheers

Yes, Im still up for it. Any one free tomorrow?! Otherwise next weekend is also fine for me. How about meeting up somewhere in the Peaks that has a pub with a decent sized car park. I can think of a few if necessary . If anyone needs to meet up and follow someone out there then Id be happy to do so.

If anyone else has a better idea for a place to meet, please share!

Cheers,
Rhys

320d M Sport

Id go but dont know if I can make it till Sept!!!!
Going on hols at (very) short notice....shame, could have had a pop at Craggys Williams, damn.

Paddy

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Next week would be better for me! Havent got a car till Monday or Tuesday when I fetch my new motor

Rhys

Didnt spot this until now - so I guess Im a bit too late for a meet today! Anyway, if we arrange a meet for next weekend, thatd be cool. I might have to join someone on the way unless the pub is dead easy to find.

Matt

Ill probably be in Chesterfield over the weekend, so if you want to meet somewhere we can go together (that sounds quite bad, sorry )

You mentioned picking up your new motor on Mon/Tues - did you manage to find a nice 16v/Willy???

Matt

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Yeah I bought a v nice 16v from a fellow clio enthusiast! I couldnt drive it home yday as it had no tax and i didnt have any insurance documentation to get it. So im goin to fetch it early next week

Anyway, we could meet up in Chesterfield next weekend and go from there. Im crap with directions but my mate can direct me anywhere with his eyes shut so we should be ok!

Ill post back here before next wekend!

Cheers!

mk2 172

im available on saturday, sunday is prob a no-no as ill be off to bonnie scotland for another painstaking week

craggy

Saturday sounds like it might be the best day then - if somebody can make a decision about where to meet! I dont know the Peaks at all, so cant really suggest any good pubs to meet at...

Forest, Tim, M@thew and Paddy - are you up for it too? (ooh-err!)

Matt

mk2 172

dont really wanna take the car for a thrash tbh, has took some serious hammer lately and doesnt feel right at all, keep getting rally pops which never used to happen and it feels a bit ahstmatic at higher revs where it used to feel so free. my degrading brakes are one step further too, i rekon its metal on metal now, barely stops from low speeds but i aint got the cash to get any of the above checked/sorted. still want a meet though to keep the ball rollin on northern cliosport meets. if any of you guys wanna drag race eachother there are some good roads in doncaster.

craggy
craggy

Craggy

Im not really up for a thrash either mate - I just wanted to meet some of you other guys - I think thats why a pub was suggested... (I might be wrong though). If you still want to meet on Saturday then thatd be cool, if not then fair enough...

Matt

Okay, how about the Ladybower Inn next to Ladybower resevoir (near Snake Pass)? Decent sized car park to get all the cars together and a nice pub. Any preferences for daytime or evening? Saturday is also fine for me.

Click <a target="_blank" href="http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=420000&Y=385000&scale=100000&coordsys=gb
">here for a map of where I am suggesting. The pub is the resevoir side of the A57 label. Look <a target="_blank" href="">here for a map with Sheffield and Chesterfield on it to see where I mean.

Still open to any other suggestions of places to meet up, of course.....

Rhys

mk2 172

its sorted then, ill be there, havent looked at the venue yet rhys but your normally on the ball with this sorta thing so ill trust you

craggy

Ill be there too! Afternoon would probably be easier for me than evening, but Im not too worried either way...

Adams_2k - do you want to arrange somewhere to meet up and we can both follow your mates directions!?

Matt

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Matt-

Yeah, we can meet somewhere in town, and take it from there. The doughnut would probably be best place!

We can arrange a time for definate when we find out what time everyone is going to be there.

Madman-

I think next Saturday was mentioned and was best for everyone! Afternoon time I think!

Cheers

i dont finish work till about 5 and it will take me about an hour or so to get up there
how long will the meet last for? and is it still gonna be near the snake pass cause i know that area well
many thanks

Madman - was it you I saw in a beautiful looking 16v very close to Sheffield side of Snake Pass yesterday evening? Had a bodykit on it, M - reg....?????

Anyway, yes, you are more than welcome. I reckon we should stick to the Peaks cause there is loads of parking space in the pub Im thinking of and I like driving out there!

So, is it all to be Saturday evening? If all who are coming leave their e-mail addresses here, where you are coming from and whether you want to meet up somewhere on the way, Ill try and arrange it all.

Rhys