ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone gone for...

the Renault CD/MP3 player upgrade (Sony CDX-MP70)?

I know a lot of people slated Sony in the main thread. Are they really THAT bad? Bearing in mind Im not really into ICE at all. I just want a head unit that looks pretty good and has MP3 functionality and sounds as good or better than my standard Renault one. Plus I want it compatible with my existing stuff - i.e. changer, stalk control and head up display. The Renault upgrade will do all of this and I like the look of the unit itself.

Anyone want to talk me out of it before I pay a visit to my dealer? Basically, its going to cost about £325 ish plus fitting. Could I get a comparable unit (must be MP3) AND multichanger (because I understand that the Renault one is duff with anything else) and compatibility with stalk (not worried about HUD) and fitting for less? I didnt think I could.

Any advice welcomed as Im useless with this kind of stuff and will just throw the money at Renault if I dont think of anything better.

325....no way?

you will pick up a much better stereo for 250 and you can fit it for nothing...a trained monkey could fit a head unit tbh!

i wouldnt go for it, but at the end of the day...its your choice!

Quote: Originally posted by ClioJohn on 11 April 2003

325....no way?

you will pick up a much better stereo for 250 and you can fit it for nothing...a trained monkey could fit a head unit tbh!

i wouldnt go for it, but at the end of the day...its your choice!

maybe renault dealers should get some trained monkeys in as they can only be better than the muppets at my local dealer

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Well it isnt that bad actually...MP3 HU with multichanger. That surely your talkin about £250?? Then with the extra leads and stuff nearly £300?

I dont like Sony ICE, but if your not into it much, then i would go for it. Its better than the standard HU and they do the rest. All you gotta do is drive it in and pay them. Mind you, i would probably take my car to renault before i take it to Halfords...the fekin hammer merchants.

But if your willing to take a risk, u can get a much better deal in your favour. Buy urself a HU with changer, and take it to a local car audio shop. Get them to fit it and hook it up to the stalk, etc. Will save you some dosh, but in return you will get a much better HU!! In which case go for Alpine or Kenwood, depending on ur budget!