ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Buffalo Linkstation 300 LAN?

A4 Avant & A3
I've actually been looking at these - http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...Id=11157&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11157,50327

I think the 300GB one you mention is an older model, there are now 250/320/500 & 750Gb ones (i think)

seems to be ideal for what your after. they do larger disk sizes aswell.
use ethernet to connect onto the network & it also has 2 usb ports. so can add another usb H/D if need be & i also read somewhere that you can attach a usb printer to share aswell, but that may well be just for the 'Live' version of the drives.

Seems to have pretty good write ups.
(think i'm talking myself into one!)

A guy i work with has had the 300Gb one for a while now & seems to be pleased with it.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
One thing I noticed with the linkstation while using a download manager was that it didn't like multiple theads (10-12) on the same file, I can't remember exactly what the error was now, but it required me to restart the download manager.

The problem only manifested on the linkstation - no idea whether it was FDM or the linkstation.

Other than that, it works like a charm.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
sn00p, any chance you could dig out the CD and possibly put on FTP or something?? I've been given one but I can't find it for the like of me!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sn00p, any chance you could dig out the CD and possibly put on FTP or something?? I've been given one but I can't find it for the like of me!

I'll have a looksy at work tomorrow and see if I can find it!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Panic over dude, I downloaded the firmware updater and reset the password using the INIT button on the back!

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrted :D Going to see if will suit my NAS post further down this technical section.