ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got the ipod ice link

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

wondering if anyone a has brought one of these? seems expensive for a wire and a holder!!

£120 renault!!

Not that expensive that.......You pay the most of the money for the auxillary input lead to connect to the head unit, n the cradle then charges the ipod...

if you want something better and are thinking of buying a new head unit anyway, try any of the alpine ai net headunits from this year...Alpine have now launched their ipod interface, which plugs into the cd changer socket and then into the ipod. You then control all the features of the ipod from the stereo, so it could be hidden in the glovebox or somet...Excellent piece of equipment in my opinion...

Neh.....ill check when i get to work tomorrow but i dont think anybody does an auxillary input adapter for std renault decks yet....

And how much is the Alpine AI Net unit? If its less than £120 then I will be very impressed!! I remember when I was looking at interfaces from cd changer ports to phonos and they were silly money!!!

Bonus with the dension link is you get a nice little cradle that charges it too, Didnt think the alpine charged it but i could be wrong.

As far as im aware, not 100% tho, the alpine does charge it...dont need a cradle cos u dont need to touch ipod..At the moment there is a promo on, n the interface is free with anything from the 9830 up, although it does work with the 9812 aswell...

Im seriously tempted to get this Denison ICE Link for the ipod. Its better than a standard aux adaptor as not only does it charge the ipod you can control the ipod from the stalk adaptor.

However, Im guessing that if youve got a cd changer than you cant use this kit. Plus, Im not sure if this kit will work for definite with the 182 cd head unit as its not a standard clio one....

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

cheers, john

Quote: Originally posted by hardsoulwax on 02 November 2004

However, Im guessing that if youve got a cd changer than you cant use this kit. Plus, Im not sure if this kit will work for definite with the 182 cd head unit as its not a standard clio one....
No you cant use the changer as it uses that plug to interface with the head unit.

Its the one thing that puts me off, Im greedy and want both especially as ive got a mini which is full.

Dension have nearly developed a newer version which would display the ID3 tags on the head unit, although they say if you buy V1.1, the one out now, you can send it back in 6 months or whenever the new one comes out to have the ID3 capability retrofitted for a modest sum.

Quote: Originally posted by rugbyfiend on 03 November 2004

No you cant use the changer as it uses that plug to interface with the head unit.

Its the one thing that puts me off, Im greedy and want both especially as ive got a mini which is full.

Dension have nearly developed a newer version which would display the ID3 tags on the head unit, although they say if you buy V1.1, the one out now, you can send it back in 6 months or whenever the new one comes out to have the ID3 capability retrofitted for a modest sum.
Thanks for the info. How did you find about the new version that is due to come out? The official Denison website is a bit light on info...

this forum : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

for e46s has loads. There is some technical/sales bloke who works for dension who gos on there and answers questions and gives updates on their product and more specifically the ice>link.

They seem to be developing it for beemers and then looking to integrate it into other models as and when. However, the date for release for the ID3 enabled keeps getting put back with this laddie still saying its in final testing stages or something. So f**k knows when it gets released to the rest of us.

The site is pretty good if youre looking at trying to integrate into your ICE, there are a fair few DIYs with loads of piccies not withstanding its for beemers.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

ok i found a kit the same as denison but for £75.00, but only for kewood or sony units

denison do the kit for nearly every car goin so yes you can get one for the 182 hu.

Quote: Originally posted by rugbyfiend on 03 November 2004

this forum : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

for e46s has loads. There is some technical/sales bloke who works for dension who gos on there and answers questions and gives updates on their product and more specifically the ice>link.

They seem to be developing it for beemers and then looking to integrate it into other models as and when. However, the date for release for the ID3 enabled keeps getting put back with this laddie still saying its in final testing stages or something. So f**k knows when it gets released to the rest of us.

The site is pretty good if youre looking at trying to integrate into your ICE, there are a fair few DIYs with loads of piccies not withstanding its for beemers.

Cheers for the link mate - theres lots of info and pics on there. As for getting the ID3 tags to be displayed on a Renault radio - I doubt it..! Im getting my ipod next week and will seriously be tempted to get one these babies.

I dont see why they cant get the ID3 tags to be displayed, when youre listening to the radio it shows what station youre listening to, so it can display text.

Mind you, ive never got CD Text to show so maybe not.

If youre just driving locally, iTrip is an option but as soon as you do any kind of distance the frequencies all change and it massively infuriating

Enjoy the ipod, they are pure class, bit of a cliche but it really does change the way you listen to music.

I guess so - the text doesnt scroll so if anything is displayed then it will only be a truncated artist/song name so we wouldnt be missing much.

Ive been looking at the itrips but from what Ive read the sound quality is not that great (in as much that switching from a CD to the radio does mean a big drop in quality).

As for changing frequencies all the time - is that because radio stations broadcast at different frequencies? Could you not just stick it at the very top/bottom of the FM spectrum? (as hardly any stations broadcast at those frequencies...

Quote: Originally posted by hardsoulwax on 04 November 2004

Ive been looking at the itrips but from what Ive read the sound quality is not that great (in as much that switching from a CD to the radio does mean a big drop in quality).

remember though you have compressed the music to get it onto the ipod, so you suffer a loss in quality there. Its the same as the radio, so passable but not brilliant

As for changing frequencies all the time - is that because radio stations broadcast at different frequencies? Could you not just stick it at the very top/bottom of the FM spectrum? (as hardly any stations broadcast at those frequencies...

yep, different parts of the country different frequencies even for nationwide eg Radio 1 etc. Cant remember why i didnt use the very top and bottom of the frequency i think the quality was bad

Has anyone come up with a solution to connecting their ipod to the standard renault standard cd player.

i have a 182 with the cabbasse cd player in and ive looked at the dension kit but it says its for the VDO or phillips cd players.

any ideas

cheers

Quote: Originally posted by greer182 on 10 November 2004

Has anyone come up with a solution to connecting their ipod to the standard renault standard cd player.

i have a 182 with the cabbasse cd player in and ive looked at the dension kit but it says its for the VDO or phillips cd players.

any ideas

cheers

Are you saying that the Denison kit will not fit to the 182 Cabasse player then? I just presumed it was just a variant of the VDO or Philips players and would still be compatible.

Im getting my ipod on saturday and after hearing a mates itrip in action, I think I might just spend £30 on something will work for definite, rather than risk £120+ install on something that might not work work...

My friend got his i pod in america, and he bought a radio transmitter thing aswell with it....no wires...

(seemingly illegal in this country as it is a minature radio transmittor and you need a licence)

But all he does is set the ipod to a certain frequency and it transmits the music at this frequency...

then you tune the radio to this frequency and it you can hear your ipod...it only works over a short range so dont go starting your own pirate radio station...

Quote: Originally posted by greer182 on 11 November 2004

what was the quality like with the itrip.

quality is ok-ish as long as youre not driving long distances and then it gets irritating due to having to keep changing frequencies

how do it compare to cd quality
worse, same as FM quality so still listenable to

My mates brought his Ipod (and mine) back form the US and tried the ipod radio thingie out and it wasnt very good quality sound like there was loads of interferance. It worked fine in his parents Ka and Passat estate. We tried moving it about and were driving round and nothing seemed to get rid of it.

Im going to have to try and fix it though as he has just bought a Clio

anyone sorted their ipod with the 182 hu yet.

has the standard 182 hu got AUX on the back or what.

can anyone think of a way to connect the ipod to it.

tried denson etc.... their all not sure if it will fit the cabasse hu on the 182

anyinput

cheers

i dont know but i doubt that there is an AUX in on the back of the headunit.

Mostly they connect through the CD Changer so if you can find out whether this is the same as a normal VDO/phillips unit. I would guess that there would be some kind of changer socket on the back and there cant be that many different types of connectors to CD changers and dension to kits for lots of different types.

Might just be a case of taking the HU out and having a look and then talking to dension.

Ive just borrowed a mates itrip and had a play and Im not that impressed really.... I tried a track on from a cd then the same one from the ipod. Bad mistake really I think...

As for getting a line input to the HU using the CD changer input - surely this must be possible? The denison kit is expensive as it allows you to control the ipod using the stereo/stalk controls etc. A simple line input should be quite cheap - any idea who would sell such a thing??

I might start a new thread for this as well as my Q is kind of lost in this post..!