ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have Alloygators fitted?

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm looking at getting the rims on my 172 refurbished, ideally powder coated gloss black. I fancied a bit of colour but not sure the lip of the 172 alloys would work being a different colour.

Was thinking that Alloygators may be an option, obviously they offer some protection against light curb damage but also thought that they offer a bit of colour to the rims as well.

I was hoping to make the 172 a bit of a track car over the next 12 months so doesn't matter about them being subtle but wondered if anyone had them fitted and if so do you have any pictures?

133/225/CLS AMG
Hey I'm in touch with my feminine side hahaha

It was more to get the colour to the edge but with the additional protection. Just wondered what they really looked like as fancied a bit of colour on the outside of the car.

Dodgy one
They look shite, I removed a set the other week off an S5, They'd been used well

You get grit at the back of them and it'l rub away at your new paint!

133/225/CLS AMG
That's the kind of info I was looking for as I'm not aware of the pros and cons.

I didn't think they looked too bad, especially the black against the tyres but if they cause damage then seems pretty pointless.

Snotter's
They look s**te, I removed a set the other week off an S5, They'd been used well

You get grit at the back of them and it'l rub away at your new paint!

Let me guess you work at Harrogate Audi?

I took that s5 in as a px at BMW Harrogate with the horrid protectors on!!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Track car ?

You'll be wanting 15s then.

My 195/50/15 Paradas were so fat that the only way I'd have curbed the wheels was by hitting the pavement at about 50+ I'd imagine !

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Techy with the cossy?
That's the one. Or Morris Marksist as my brother calls him after that Top Gear episode with the Morris Marina and the Russian cars.

He helps out on my M3 when bits need doing.