ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone heard of Tubi Exhausts

Bit of a longshot but maybe Ben will know about this?

Ive been searching a long time for an exhaust for the M3 and have found a Tubi exhaust, im sure ive heard of them before and have been told by the company that theyre the best you can get, though of course he would say that. Its expensive and before i go check out a demo in Egham (Surrey) id like to know a bit more espeically as its laughably expensive.

Cheers

-Rob

neva heard of em! unless there stainless steel, nice sound and good power increase i wouldnt pay a lot!

they a custom jobbie?

how much they askin?

I thought so, read EVO? I though David Yu mentioned them..

Its £1400 for a backbox. Titanium. Lifetime guarantee (literally, not a magnex one!)

-Rob

i would tell em where to put the pipe personally!

max i would ever pay is bout £300 for a backbox thats a custom twin job!

172 Cup

Didnt read it in Evo Rob but I have seen their stuff mentioned on Ferrari sights, Bmw sights, Porsches etc...

172 Cup

BMW - M3 E36 coupè

http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/images/prdt/BMW%20M3%20E36_small

<A onclick="openWin(zoom.asp?zoom=BMW M3 E36_big.jpg ,,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,menubar=no,width=450,height=418)" href= "http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/dettaglio_main.asp?IDMarca=5&IDSerie=33&L=en#IMG alt=Ingrandisci immagine... src= http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/images/zoom.gif

Silencer for M3 E36 coupè, rear

Code: 12019311040

Description:

Material: stainless steel
End tips: 2 x Ø 70mm
Net weight: 14,2 Kg
Surface finish: polished

Technical information:

Silencer for M3 E36 coupè, for catalyzed car.

Note:

For racing use only - fits to the original OEM catalyst

M3 E46 coupè

http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/images/prdt/BMW%20M3%20E46_small

<A onclick="openWin(zoom.asp?zoom=BMW M3 E46_big.jpg ,,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,menubar=no,width=450,height=418)" href= "http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/dettaglio_main.asp?IDMarca=5&IDSerie=33&L=en#IMG alt=Ingrandisci immagine... src= http://www.tubistyle.it/catalogo/images/zoom.gif

Silencer for M3 E46 coupè, rear

Code: 12040011040

Description:

Material: stainless steel
End tips: 4 x Ø 80mm
Net weight: 24,5 Kg
Surface finish: polished

Technical information:

Silencer for M3 E46 coupè, for catalyzed car.

Note:

For racing use only - fits to the original OEM catalyst

Cheers Griff..

Tom they dont but looking into sports cat (or straight through), manifold and Gruppe M filter plus ECU. 370bhp yes please!

-Rob

clio 20v

1400 quid for a back box u can get a peco powerdrainer for a ton lol

or do u get a high class hooker for the weekend with it

Ive spoken to a bloke called Manu from ScuderiaSystems.com. Everything is bought and will get fitted in 2-3 weeks depending on when stuff gets here. Will keep you posted and i hope it will be worth the money.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 12 July 2003

those pics/descriptions and style of that site looks a lot like supersprint !

The M3 one is titanium and specially made to make the best noises possible..

Its only money, but then again, its also ONLY a rear box that cost you 1400 quid!

Now i know what to nick and sell, god damn Tubi exhausts!

as long as i have your permission.

BUT GET A GRIP MAN!

1400 quid!!!!!!!!!

you could have a faster car than a 1.2 for that, jeeze.........complain to your dad about wasting money.

Yes it doesnt seem fair when he explains that i shouldnt waste money on my car and then he whips out the card for a backbox. But then i do get to drive it once in a while so i shouldnt complain.

I was skeptical and did explain that its not worth it but then again you dont need to justify everything. Id like to see the exhausts 10bhp it claims, it should be knocking on 370bhp with the other bits on paper, which would put it ahead of the upcoming CSL.

"The Tubi Style exhaust system has been manufactured primarily with acoustic requirements in mind. It gives the M3 a deep roar at all points in the rev-range. At idle it sounds near stock (this is primarily a function of BMW setting their idle speeds so low that no exhaust system except for the very loudest have any exhaust flow to make some noise with). It is of a slightly reduced weight and similar layout to the stock exhaust system. It never resonates, never booms, never vibrates and is the perfect exhaust to add a nice rorty edge to the M3. Built to the same quality as the Ferrari exhausts from Tubi Style (which comprise around 90% or our busines) it is unmatched in manufacturing quality and carries a lifetime warranty. Clearly it is still well baffled which means it does not reduce backpressure sufficiently to generate a particularly large power increase - perhaps a max of 10hp. Carries between 2-4 week delivery time. A great rorty system"

-Rob

is 10bhp on a 345bhp car going to be noticeable!

and what else have you dont to get near 370bhp.

Getting to drive it occasionally and being able to use YOUR car whenever you want are 2 totally diff things. It jsut doesnt feel right, and then you dad will get pissed when you wear tyres, use up a tank of fuel, thrash it, crash it etc etc...........unless your dad is so chilled he done care...........mind u, he just spent 1400 QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on an exhaust!

can i hammer that in anymore? lol

1400 QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, you could of done better things to the engine for 1400 quid.........

There is naff all you can do with the engine, no one will touch it, besides warranty issues.

It is getting the usual boyracer replacements to get the 19bhp (it has been RR @351bhp).

Im not sure what you mean by the next bit, do you think ive paid for the exhaust? Ive already kerbed wheels and punctured tyres!

My dad is in the lucky position of cost of being not so important, ive tried to subtlely hint that, you blaspheming mo fo!;)

-Rob

Rob,

Ive had past experience with Tubi and have found them to be the best exhaust manafactures for SUVs. We did all the research for our Lamborghini when in the market for some sports pipes, and ive heard a few in action.

The 355 sounded sh*te. Well compared to the standard racket it lets off anyway! Infact all the ferraris ive heard with them on never sound as good as they do out the factory. Personal prefrence but too throaty, i like the high pitch orchastra ferraris give off, not a un-organised stomp performance(stomp=band who play with dustbin lids, junk etc).

Only other good quality exhaust manfacture i have found which reach a high standard (which takes powerflow way out the question) are Hayward & Scott. Theyve made some nice Porsche exhausts with some excellent performace gains. However Hayward and Scott are a little cheaper than the Tubi.

Best bet is to find an M3 with a Tubi or a H&S and have a listen, and perhaps go out for a quick blast if possible. I wouldnt like to splash out on a Tubi unless i was certain i liked every aspect of the exhaust. Enjoy.

Mark.

Thanks Mark, i was going to go for a Gruppe M system but found that too loud, i have listened to a sound clip of the tubi, not as good as in the flesh but it sounded good.

Ive had past experience with Hayward & Scott and think theyre a top bunch, i hear their latest 996 exhausts are very good, as well as the Mitsi Evo ones.

Thanks for your input.

-Rob

Yeh ive read about their Evo exhausts, un-believeable performance gains. Amazing what they can gain from just the exhaust, clever clever bunch!

Id like to hear one of Tubis specials on an M3, is it on the web? Ive always thought BMW hold back a bit on the exhaust front. So much potential straight 6 cylinder grunt to be heard, but always seem a little restricted(still sound good but could be better).

So how often are to granted permission to take out the beast? *coughc**tcough*:D;)

I remember my mates dad got an ol left hooker original M3 when we were much much younger. He let us take it on to the feild in his farm yard and slowly drive round. Little did he know we were wised up to cars and understood what Limited Slip Diff ment = Donuts. hehe great fun.
Then 2 weeks later it got knicked the night before he was due to go on holiday. :(

Dust - Yeah i saw an advert in the back of EVO, with their proven figures, amazing.

To be fair most BM (3 series anyway) seem to sound good under acceleration, but no idea what it is like from inside the cabin.

The exhaust should be getting done next month so ill get the digi cam out when its done!

For the driving of it its basically whenever i can scrape up the insurance money. My dad hasnt taken a holiday for about a year now though and has promised to take it to some european tracks so late this year ill get to drive it properly! Im genuinely excited as its a superb car, if a little boring to look at.

-Rob