ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone here upgraded from Sky to Sky+ HD?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Here's the situation. The mother has a Sky + Box in the living room and i have a normal Digibox in my room. She is canceling it now so I have the chance to start my own sky contract.

My question is, will I technically be a new customer as its a new name on the account and new bank account (even though its the same address) or will i be an exsisting customer and have to pay them £60 to take the HD box out of the box and run ONE extra cable. Something i could do with ease?

Has anyone else upgraded from Sky (one coax) to Sky +/HD (2 coax) and had to pay this silly charge?! They will fit it free if I'm "new" :(

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Get her to change to sky HD, Much better, then, go on ebay, YOU buy another sky Hd box with remote, buy the cable, and run the cable from your hd box, to your sky dish, saves paying sky multiroom at ther estupid price a month and they will never know! - run as many as you want in different rooms and when you change channel it dont change everyone else's!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
that wouldnt work as the box's all need to be paired by sky to a seperate viewing card fella.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
that wouldnt work as the box's all need to be paired by sky to a seperate viewing card fella.

Yeah, i was gunna say. The Sky+ box won't work until you ring sky to register it. Until then it won't record or pick up half the channels (just says you need to upgrade subscription).

Yes you'll be counted as a new customer. If you already have the equipment in place you can get around the installation costs, if you were happy to run the cable yourself. Not sure how that would work if you need a HD box though, doubt they would just send one through the post. Refuse to pay the cost and see if they will waive it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You will be a new customer. You personally have never had a contract with Sky. Get them to do it if it is free.