ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone jailbroken their iPhone 4? Need some help...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi I was looking to jailbreak the phone today and came across a good guide...

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...h-4g-3g-ipad-1-using-redsn0w-how-to-tutorial/

However, then I read this...

Update: iPhone 4 users who rely on a carrier unlock must check out our iOS 4.3.5 jailbreak guide using PwnageTool here.

Which leads to...

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...sing-pwnagetool-4.3.5-bundle-how-to-tutorial/

My phone is on Orange, I'm not sure which one I should be doing :( can anyone help!?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
It's only if you wanna change to O2, tmobile ect from orange, if it doesn't affect you then it's not a problem

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Re: Anyone jailbreaked their iPhone 4? Need some help...

Thanks... so going by the method in the first link will see me jailbreaking and staying with Orange? That's what I want so sounds good :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Okay did it, all seemed to go smoothly... Cydia is now on my phone, but it's just a plain white square, and when I click on it the screen goes white for a second and then it fails and takes me back to my home screen!?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Okay it seems I had to boot again as 'just tethering' with Redsn0w :)

Bus w**ker

If he's rocking the latest version of iOS 4 (4.3.5) the exploit used for jailbreakme.com was been patched in 4.3.4. I wouldn't personally bother with a tethered jailbreak, way too much hassle when (not if) it needs rebooting, and there's no sign of an untether version being released any time soon; if at all.

Bus w**ker

Yeah, the main ones being that your phone may not be as stable as it was and that you're trusting that the people that created the software you use haven't done anything shady.

That said though I'll jailbreak 5.0 when it's gold and there's an untether available.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Stupid question I guess but I take its not legal?

Bus w**ker

What jailbreaking? Yeah it's perfectly legal. What you choose to do with it afterwards however may not be, copyright infringement of 59p apps etc.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

I used to Jailbreak. Back when the iPhone was a turd. Don't see the point now.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

I've only done it so I can tether to my laptop for free :) and I only need it for a few weeks where I'll have no wi-fi! So I'll probably put it back to normal afterwards.

Bus w**ker

Once you've gone jailbroken you'll never go back.

I would tell you two just to f**k and get the tension over with but I could never encourage anyone to mate with anyone from Scotland.

AK

M240i

Ha!

His time will come, don't you worry...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Jailbroken just didn't sound right to me. What's worth getting then? There's almost too much on Cydia to try and fitler out...

Bus w**ker

LockInfo, PkgBackup, BiteSMS and others that I can't currently remember.

Cupra

Tetherme
Sbsettings
My3G

All reason enough for me to jailbreak.

Bus w**ker

How did I forget SBSettings?!?!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Okay thanks LockInfo & SBSettings look like they're worth getting. Not sure on My3G though as it will eat my data... is there any advantage with TetherMe over PDANet, seeing as though PDANet is completely free?

Bus w**ker

PDANet doesn't mask the fact that you're using it tethered, so you get charged if you don't have a tethered package, or at least it didn't when I tried it.

Also trust me you NEED PKGBackup in your life if you're running jailbroken well unless you like manually downloading everything every time you update iOS to the next version.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Also trust me you NEED PKGBackup in your life if you're running jailbroken well unless you like manually downloading everything every time you update iOS to the next version.

This. I used to use it when I ran a jailbroken iPhone. Makes software updates much more slick.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

PDANet doesn't mask the fact that you're using it tethered, so you get charged if you don't have a tethered package, or at least it didn't when I tried it.

They must have changed it as I searched for PDANet and on the description it says it's masked...

You've got to pay for LockInfo? Bit of a rip, something similar coming in iOS 5 anyway isn't there?

Bus w**ker
The one in iOS5 is shite in comparison, doesn't provide anywhere near enough information and is generally w**k. LockInfo is quite expensive for an app, especially a JB one, but it's worth every penny IMO...although it was much better value when it was about £3 rather than £7. There was a 30 free trial of it available in Cydia. If that's still available you could try it and then if you like it you could buy it and if not you could uninstall. No harm, no foul.

Cupra
Tetherme does not mask tethering either AFAIK, it just enables native tethering if your provider has blocked it on the phone. MyWi may do, but that is ££. I have never had a problem as I only tether my iPad through it and don't use that much data.