ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know if a quick rack exists

High ratio steering rack for a 1992 Clio 16v? or anyone know who might sell them?

If someone could reply quick please cos i want to get one before we go to Belgium.

Thanks

Im not sure. I need a new rack at some point, so i thought id get it done before the trip. But it just occured to me last night that i could "upgrade".

When i get stuff done on my car i prefer to get performance parts, but im not sure if a quick rack exists for the old clio.

Demon tweeks said they dont tend to have racks for power steered cars.

I wouldnt bother even looking mate. Considering youre going to the ring you may get the car out of shape a few times ( if you dont youre not trying!). A relatively low ration rack will give you more adjustablity in correcting. A high ration rack means yuo will be constantly over corrected, which means youll fishtail or spin if youre oversteering! This was a fundamental problem with the V6s

-Rob

Interesting point.

Ive found a rack, but it would involve loosing the power steering. Im not sure if im that commited to the idea.

Ive started a new topic about whether its a good idea to go back to manual steering....

It isnt..it would be such a pain in the arse if you do a lot of normal urban driving, trust me! My mk1 golf gti was the ultimate arse bandit because of it

when your really pacing it, you never really go beyond a 120Deg turn either way, so, no need.......