ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know the car?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thanks for the tag Dan...although I have no idea why lol

Looks a nice base, can't beat BG!

Pretty cool having factory Sat Nav, mind I bet it's bloody useless in today's age! I bet you could do someone cool with that extra space though

Stick a shiney pic of yoye car up :)

Guessing as afew of us with black are talking how to make them CLEAN CLEAN!

Stick a shiney pic of yoye car up :smile:
Ah sorry, was a little slow working that out lol

29220743441_901978c158_c.jpg
DSC_6229
by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr
28676253214_4fa67bce64_c.jpg
DSC_6199
A decent camera does help enhance the shine though, as it really pick up the detail and DOF...you'd never be able to get a shot like that off a phone easily...

Worst thing with Black is it shows the swirls terrible, no matter how careful you are - I use two buckets, grit guards, lambswool mitt, air dry, soft drying towels and I've got swirls after only a month!

@cs_dave You'r not a million miles away from me Dave, so if you ever do want me to come up with the DA just give a shout

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the tag Dan...although I have no idea why lol

Looks a nice base, can't beat BG!

Pretty cool having factory Sat Nav, mind I bet it's bloody useless in today's age! I bet you could do someone cool with that extra space though
I'll see how well it actually functions first :wink: Going to search for a disk to use with it

Ah sorry, was a little slow working that out lol

29220743441_901978c158_c.jpg
DSC_6229
28676253214_4fa67bce64_c.jpg
DSC_6199
A decent camera does help enhance the shine though, as it really pick up the detail and DOF...you'd never be able to get a shot like that off a phone easily...

Worst thing with Black is it shows the swirls terrible, no matter how careful you are - I use two buckets, grit guards, lambswool mitt, air dry, soft drying towels and I've got swirls after only a month!

@cs_dave You'r not a million miles away from me Dave, so if you ever do want me to come up with the DA just give a shout

Looks amazing!!!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I can get that finish with mine but I agree with the swirlies.
Im always extra careful with grit guards but when the light hits it in the right spot you can see them in places. Next doors cat has had the roof in areas aswell the little shite.

@cs_dave you got the BG yet?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What's the best way for a novice to get a decent shine on the BG? Am I right in thinking getting it washed well, detarred, ironx, clay, wash, DA, cutting compound? Polish and then a wax? I tried with a rotary before and polishing/cutting compound but didn't seem to do much more than usual polish by hand (on pearl black).

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What's the best way for a novice to get a decent shine on the BG? Am I right in thinking getting it washed well, detarred, ironx, clay, wash, DA, cutting compound? Polish and then a wax? I tried with a rotary before and polishing/cutting compound but didn't seem to do much more than usual polish by hand (on pearl black).

If you want an easier life, wash, clay and everything then get some Prima Amigo, which can be applied by hand or DA and then a few layers of Vics Concours over the top. Did this on my old A3 and it was like a mirror. Only thing is, the Prima Amigo will fill the swirls in rather than getting rid of them like when you use a cutting product.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, I can get that finish with mine but I agree with the swirlies.
Im always extra careful with grit guards but when the light hits it in the right spot you can see them in places. Next doors cat has had the roof in areas aswell the little shite.

@cs_dave you got the BG yet?
On its way

40e733c523d965e6f71c2c90bf0d2459.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ooo lovely.
Might have to pop round one of the evenings and get you to have a look over a few things on mine if your handy?

Will be outdated... Any methods of updating?
You can get hold of a disc on ebay etc, I think it's made by Carminat. But even with a newer disc it'll still be pretty bad compared to anything you can get on a phone etc. Plus the lack of postcodes is annoying!!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can get hold of a disc on ebay etc, I think it's made by Carminat. But even with a newer disc it'll still be pretty bad compared to anything you can get on a phone etc. Plus the lack of postcodes is annoying!!
Yeah, I'll most likely just continue to use my phone anyway! Does it speak to you then? I would ideally want to change the headunit to something a bit better but have also read that the satnav is connected to the OEM radio and thus cannot be remove without rendering it useless... Don't know how true that is or whether there is a work around

Yeah, I'll most likely just continue to use my phone anyway! Does it speak to you then? I would ideally want to change the headunit to something a bit better but have also read that the satnav is connected to the OEM radio and thus cannot be remove without rendering it useless... Don't know how true that is or whether there is a work around
Yeah it talks to give the directions, you are right the radio station comes up on the sat nav screen.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
The cable tied to the grille tow strap hahaha crazy.

Couple of dints
No power at all
Needs a very good clean inside out
Someome coloured the radio climate comtrol and heater pics in permo marker

Ill find more

Ktec exhaust and the right colour tho didnt someome say bg is the fastest colour?

All updates will go into my projdct thead as i wont be treating the grey to any gifts now they will go on this one!

The cable tied to the grille tow strap hahaha crazy.

Couple of dints
No power at all
Needs a very good clean inside out
Someome coloured the radio climate comtrol and heater pics in permo marker

Ill find more

Ktec exhaust and the right colour tho didnt someome say bg is the fastest colour?

All updates will go into my projdct thead as i wont be treating the grey to any gifts now they will go on this one!
Sorry but lol!!! who the fvck does that!! 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well I received my car last night and I am over the moon with it! On first glance it has a custom catback exhaust, decat, ktec engine mounts, KTR Induction kit, Polybushed dogbone, hydrodipped(?) interior trim pieces,steering wheel trim and gear knob trim and tons of paperwork. Still need to have a proper go over the car and will probably see even more things that have been done to it.
I'll take some pictures later but i'm really happy! The stickers dont actually look all that bad in real life, and there's only one small scuff on the front bumper and a slight ripple in the bonnet.
Wheels look to have been recently refurbed aswell which is always nice.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've spoken to a previous owner and he told me that when he bought the car it had just had the belts done (a few months ago) and that he did have the paperwork to prove it although it's not in my paperwork now! Not recently anyway... Although there was paperwork for a tensioner and alternator belt change aswell as a receipt for genuine renault belts in 2015
He also says that the car is running race cams, has been ported and polished and also mapped but I can't say I really believe it! Also said there was a dyno readout for 216BHP but that's nowhere either in my paperwork. It could have been lost as he said he had two keys whilst I only have one now, but who knows!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it has fairly lumpy idle, but I don't know if this is just normal for a 182! I have a video ill attach give me a minute.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
A video the PO sent me:
th_received_10210757683888385_zpszy4dsphb.jpg

A video under the bonnet just to hear if anything sounds out of ordinary?:
th_20160930_173518_zpsfc6kzzsx.jpg

Slight revving after warming up a bit, but still a bit cold:
th_video-1475255241_zpsucurvzkq.jpg