ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone lowered their Cup

What kit did you use?

Just springs or shocks and springs?

How much drop?

How much cost?

Where did you buy from?

How would you rate the handling?

I havent done so yet...but have done loadsa research.

Foe me im either going for

Eibach Pro Damper Kit - 400
Eibach Pro Spring Kit - 100

or

R.Sport Coilovers - 1000

Couple of people here have fitted just the eibach springs and rate them highly. perhaps coilovers are a bit too much, but if your going for the authentic CupRacer feel, coilovers will have to be. personally i think im going for the whole Eibach set up myself.

Hope this helps.

Ziel Nurburgring

Do the Eibachs fit the 172 as well. If so, where can you get them from and how much arseache are they to fit??

Dust,

How much does the Eibach Pro Spring Kit lower it by?

and is the kit for Clio 172s in general, or is it Cup specific? since the Cup is slightly lower in the first place?

Oh look guys please, the 172 and cup are virtually the same car, can we not go around doing this again and again.

Yes this cup is a tiny bit lower, but what you are getting by swapping to the Eibach Pro Kit is not in the main lowering, you are getting very well made very well calculated progessive springs, which give increased handling abilities, so if you want to look low go grab a cheap set of 172 lowering springs, if you want better handling go get the Eibachs, and if you want something that will let you catch a 1.2 16v, go get coilovers :p

(yes a 1.2 16v can outrun a cup on the twisties, as was proved last night, thread link -> http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=52025&PagePosition=1 http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=52025&PagePosition=1)

Roamer,

I am not trying to start a 172 vs Cup debate, I simply wanted to know if the kits out there are Cup specific since the 2 cars set-ups are not identical.

An Eibach kit, with say, a 30mm drop (optimistic) is probably closer to 25mm, and still within Eibachs tolerances. If the Cup is 10mm lower than a 172 already, suddenly your spring kit only drops the car 15mm. Hardly worth it if aesthetics are your primary concern.

The reason I want a spring kit is primarily to tighten up the handling somewhat. Simple physics dictates that this is achieved by using springs that are more tightly wound and also lowering the centre of gravity to lessen body roll.

The fact that the car actually lowers is primarily due to the fact that the handling is better on a lower car.

The fact that it looks better is a by-product and not the reason that I want a kit, although it does look a bit roller-skate-esque at standard ride height.

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 08 October 2003

I havent done so yet...but have done loadsa research.

Foe me im either going for

Eibach Pro Damper Kit - 400
Eibach Pro Spring Kit - 100

or

R.Sport Coilovers - 1000

Couple of people here have fitted just the eibach springs and rate them highly. perhaps coilovers are a bit too much, but if your going for the authentic CupRacer feel, coilovers will have to be. personally i think im going for the whole Eibach set up myself.

Hope this helps.
Have you got a new job or something?