ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone no how to flash a disc drive?

172,scenic, trafic
as above, need to buy a drive for the kids 360 but i understand it needs flashing, as this apparently doesnt involve woods and a raincoat im lost. cheers

HBT 172 Cup
Used to do this a lot (been a year or so).

Need to figure out what manufacturer of drive it has. Samsung, Hitachi are fine, LiteOn require a special probe tool.

You need a SATA cable to connect it to a computer, and a was of powering the drive (i made a custom cable). Then the neccesary software to read the firmware, extract the unique key, inject it into a modified firmware and then write it to the drive.

It takes about 5 minutes if you know what your doing, i see your in wadebridge (not far from me), might be able to do it for you?

172 Cup
It will more than likely ban the xbox from live unfortunately, I did it to mine because the drive didnt open properly, then got it flashed and now microsoft thought the xbox had been modded and then they blocked it.

172,scenic, trafic
It will more than likely ban the xbox from live unfortunately, I did it to mine because the drive didnt open properly, then got it flashed and now microsoft thought the xbox had been modded and then they blocked it.

bugger, do they all need flashing or can you buy them that dont?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Easiest way is identify which drive you have. Get the same drive from where ever and just swap the pcb's over. No flash required

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
i have looked on ebay for the same drive and it says will need flashing

It won't. If you had say a Samsung Ms25 you just purchase the same drive. Remove Pcb board from your old drive and put it in the new drive after removing it.

Been repairing & flashing drives for donkeys, I assure you it's possible this way. If you weren't putting the same model drove in you'd need to flash yea but like for like drive swaps it's not needed

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You will need to get the drive key off the old drive otherwise the Xbox will reject it.
Hence my comment by swapping the Pcb over. Drive key will move over to the drive when you swap the Pcb over.

Clio 182 Cup
You could always head over to http://www.360mods.net where you will find all the information you need to flash the drive and also help with fixing broken ones. If you flash the drive with the latest ixtreme 3.0 you have a very slim chance of getting banned from xbox live. the new firmwares act exactly like the m$ ones. You will need the lastest firmware on the drive to be able to read the new ap25 version disks anyway.

You will get banned sooner or later. Every ixtreme I ever ran was 'undetectable' by Microsoft and I still got banned.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You will get banned sooner or later. Every ixtreme I ever ran was 'undetectable' by Microsoft and I still got banned.

If he wanted to replace the drive and use the flash method instead of swapping boards he wouldn't be installed a hooky FW. Simple dump of old drive and flash that dump to new drive. Standard fw is nothing to worry, modified fw obviously is.