ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone noticed.

Shhh

The 182 cruise control stops at 123mph.? wont go any more.?

Or the fact that when you want to increase 1mph, it jumps 2mph.

How weird....and annoying.

Shhh

Naa, if you want 50mph you set the cruise control to on, but then if you want 55mph you cant select it, you get increases in 1mph, then it jumps too 2mph at a stage. You have to reset the cruise control, speed up and press the + button to set at the speed you guess your at, then + / - 1mph from that.

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 09 June 2005

does this really annoy you that much?

Yes, you driving in a 50mph limit and you want 50mph on the speedo, but no, you cant have it, you can have 48,49,51,53,55 but not 50. Surely renault would of realised that the 30,40,50,60,70,80 would be more essential than a 31,41,51 etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i think you are being a little picky personally, i have never had this problem, and if the speed limit is 50 whats wrong with setting it at 49? 50 is the limit, not the required speed at which to travel.

If all you can think of to complain about your car is this then you must be very bored

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 09 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 09 June 2005does this really annoy you that much?Yes, you driving in a 50mph limit and you want 50mph on the speedo, but no, you cant have it, you can have 48,49,51,53,55 but not 50. Surely renault would of realised that the 30,40,50,60,70,80 would be more essential than a 31,41,51 etc.

Im glad Im not the only one whos sad enough to have noticed this. lol

Im not sure it does it all the time though as Im sure Ive had speeds set that it wouldnt normally let me select.

Shhh

Also, did i forget to mention that i thrash it everywhere (once warm) as i live in the middle of no where and that is all B roads, so i was thinking about chopping it in for a Zafira or a Scenic, some thing that has a tow bar....and a spare wheel.

Also, the way the Air Con sneekily comes on when you select Auto on the climate control, i deselect AC for a reason, next glance down its selected it for me...how nice of it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Also, did i forget to mention that i thrash it everywhere (once warm) as i live in the middle of no where and that is all B roads, so i was thinking about chopping it in for a Zafira or a Scenic, some thing that has a tow bar....and a spare wheel. Also, the way the Air Con sneekily comes on when you select Auto on the climate control, i deselect AC for a reason, next glance down its selected it for me...how nice of it.

i think the zafira is a good idea as you probably wont have the same problem with the cruise control.

As for the climate putting the AC on, thats its job, you have it on auto it will put the AC on for you, its not sneaky, take it off auto and into manual mode and it wont put it back on.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Also, did i forget to mention that i thrash it everywhere (once warm) as i live in the middle of no where and that is all B roads, so i was thinking about chopping it in for a Zafira or a Scenic, some thing that has a tow bar....and a spare wheel.

Ok i give in or maybe im missing the point so please explain...

What has thrashing it everywhere (Once warm) got to do with wanting an Mpv with a tow bar and spare wheel ? :confused:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 09 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 09 June 2005Also, did i forget to mention that i thrash it everywhere (once warm) as i live in the middle of no where and that is all B roads, so i was thinking about chopping it in for a Zafira or a Scenic, some thing that has a tow bar....and a spare wheel.Ok i give in or maybe im missing the point so please explain...What has thrashing it everywhere (Once warm) got to do with wanting an Mpv with a tow bar and spare wheel ? :confused: [/QUOTE]

i think it was supposed to be sarcasm for my benefit. As everyone knows I dont drive my 182 fast.

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive noticed the cruise control jumps up 2mph - I thought that was me doing something wrong..oh well.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Cheers for that Dave,his/her sarcasm was wasted on me then !

My cruise control does the 2mph thing as well but not all the time.I just turn it off at the switch then back on again if it bugs me.That usually does the trick.

dk

911 GTS Cab

you lot are lucky, you try using the cruise control at 5pm on a friday and 8 am on a monday morning on the M40.

the rest of the time i am having too much fun to worry about the car driving for me!

clio 182 black /gold

Mine does it sometimes either 1mph or 2mph does not realy bother me because i hardly use it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 09 June 2005
get a cup then you dont have to worry about these things

agreed all this fancy electric stuff is pointless....just more to go wrong, if not a cup maybe a valver or summit.

Also, the way the Air Con sneekily comes on when you select Auto on the climate control, i deselect AC for a reason, next glance down its selected it for me...how nice of it.
PMSL..