ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone on Elephant.co.uk insurance

R.I.P 182

Anyone on here insured with elephant??

Just wondering how much they charge if you mod the car to change the wheels?? If its a little amount then im getting a clio.. woo :D

172 FF

On mine I think its about £10. You can add modifications online (on their website) & it will tell you how much it will cost. You have to go all the way upto the part where it will ask you for confirmation before it tells you how much though. If you dont want to, then you can cancel the change.

Im on elephant - as said ^^^ their website is good for playing around on - you can check out how much mods will cost before committing to buying.

IIRC Im paying about £70 extra for lowering springs with them.

last year i paid about £57 for my 17s and 40mm lowering springs.

The only problem is, if you write the car off or it gets stolen etc they dont replace the mods, they only replace them with standard parts. They extra money is cause your car is a higher risk of being stolen etc.

im with elephant but not sure on the % increase for whatever mod - i know theres like an on-line quote thing they do, you tick mod you have then they issue a quote at the end of it. Go through it twice and get a comparison.

Personally i think you should stop being a chav, get some rally sl*g turbines and be done with it. But then u do have a strange taste in cars....

They are really good IMO.

Apparently, mods go up by a percentages, relating to the risk of a car.

So, I think, Alloys on a Ferrari would be a lot more of an increase than on a Reliant Robin, for example.

I think, anyway.

Clio 172

I am with them. Got a modded clio 16v.

Mods are: Alloys, lowering and full system exhaust with de cat.

Also 17 years old with provisional licence.

Total cost 2197.80 a year.

Best I could get (other companies wanted like 4 - 6 k a year!)

Not sure of % added for mods but what ever it is isnt much.

R.I.P 182

Sherrup James im not a chav lol.. Yeah anyway, the reason im asking, is because if its not THAT much of an increase in price with modding (lowering and alloys) then im thinking of gettin a valver :oops: Been quoted and its not too much!!

Clio 172

Go for it LadySubstanze

Get a valver as you wont regret it (apart from repairs) :D

If I can manage to keep one you can (I am only 17 and just manage!)

R.I.P 182

lol.. wicked m8.. I have driven a few clios, absolutely love the 172s feel (even though was only about 50m i drove it) and the lil valver i drove for about an hour round an round n stuff, loved it.. love the sound of the engine :D

R.I.P 182

says the 18 year old with a cup....???

F*ck off with the whole Chav thing now Mark, gettin abit old!!! As for too much too soon im sure id be more welcome on this forum with a clio too...

Clio 172

Little Newms: I dont see how its to much to soon. Just got to take it easy thats all.

I dont have any worries about driving mine atm.

Tbh aswell its v cool to own a car like that at our sort of age as think of how many people have one or have had one at our age.

Not trying to start fights here btw. Just saying my point.

R.I.P 182

Nah i agree m8... i mean, Mark has a 172 cup, and is 18 arent you Mark... ;) And seeing as a valver is less expensive (insurance and car i guess) for me, why is that too much too soon?? Not a problem with driving the car, had alot of fun in valvers actually!! Prefer the way it drives to a ZR, hense the reason for this post, if i can mod it cheap, i will get a valver :)

Clio 172

Just one thing tho! If you do get one please take it easy as it doesnt take much for somthing bad to happen. I have had lots and lots tell me this and others around my family worried about power etc for first car. Not trying to put you off btw.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I understand mate.... but i got my Cup when i had been driving for 7 months and was (still are) 18 years old, i said i would take it easy and yes i have, but its so hard not to go mad, If i was to go to back in time, i dont think i would buy the cup or a fast car imho. Yes its great owning a car like this at my age but belive me its not all fun and games

Take care fella and behave lol

R.I.P 182

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 13 March 2005

Just one thing tho! If you do get one please take it easy as it doesnt take much for somthing bad to happen. I have had lots and lots tell me this and others around my family worried about power etc for first car. Not trying to put you off btw.

Yeah i understand.. know how nippy they can be lol.. Im not really the type to rag cars to be honest, was in the car and bein told to put my foot down but was comfortable doing the limit lol!!

Know exactly what you mean though :) Definatly gotta get a black beast if i do.. tint it out, slam it and get some nice anthracite multispokes on it :devilish:

Clio 172

Yup agreed Little Newms: As I said its not all to do with age its partly down to how you drive and not down to the car but of course having that extra power can make it very easy to get carried away which is normally when everything goes up sh*t creek.

I cant say no to your point tho as I had so many insurers tell me to get lost and to shove it where the sun dont shine, Espically when I said the word "mod" ontop. Elephant however seemed v decent when it came to insuring my car for me and the mods. Maybe they dont mind the risks :confused: when the other 30 dont like taking the risk.

Got some stupid quotes aswell like upto 6,000k a year!

Anyway enough said:

What quote is elephant giving you LadySubstanze???

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Theres a bit of a diferance.... i racked up thousands of miles for six months in a little quiksilver, and belive me there was vital, if i didnt learn what i did with that car no question i would have crashed and seriously hurt myself in the cup, just trying to warn u donna..... im not just a young lad in a car, im very mature for my age which helps alot belive it or not

R.I.P 182

They quoted "£1637.77" without mods, and they want "£1816.18" with alloys.. bit much!! lol...

The ZR is only "£1350.93" lol :(

[Edited by LadySubstanze on 13 March 2005 at 2:43pm]

And mark i know your not just a "young lad in a car", im putting it across how you put it across to me... Im also not just a "young girl in a car" im very mature with the way i drive, dont rag it, dont redline the mofo, lol.. Been told by the instructors that im doing particularly well at the mo.. and will only need a few lessons before i can take my test :)

R.I.P 182

Does the valver come standard with turbines?? Damn really would like to have put some multispokes on it :(

R.I.P 182

ok, had a look at diamond, they want " £1336.90" for the ZR and "£1773.73" for a valver.. Elephant for the valver then! lol

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by LadySubstanze on 13 March 2005
They quoted "<SPAN class=price2>£1637.77" without mods, and they want "£1816.18" with alloys.. bit much!! lol...</SPAN><SPAN class=price2>The ZR is only "£1350.93" lol :( </SPAN>

[Edited by LadySubstanze on 13 March 2005 at 2:43pm]And mark i know your not just a "young lad in a car", im putting it across how you put it across to me... Im also not just a "young girl in a car" im very mature with the way i drive, dont rag it, dont redline the mofo, lol.. Been told by the instructors that im doing particularly well at the mo.. and will only need a few lessons before i can take my test :)

Well i presume you got a quote for a 1.4 ZR vs a 1.8 valver. Its bound to be more!

Quote: Originally posted by LadySubstanze on 13 March 2005

They quoted "£1637.77" without mods, and they want "£1816.18" with alloys.. bit much!! lol...

The ZR is only "£1350.93" lol :(

[Edited by LadySubstanze on 13 March 2005 at 2:43pm]

And mark i know your not just a "young lad in a car", im putting it across how you put it across to me... Im also not just a "young girl in a car" im very mature with the way i drive, dont rag it, dont redline the mofo, lol.. Been told by the instructors that im doing particularly well at the mo.. and will only need a few lessons before i can take my test :)

You dont rag it cause you are still learning to drive.

I didnt rag any cars when i was learning to drive, because you dont have the confidence to do so. You instructor will say that, they all do. My instructor told me the same thing.

And as soon as you pass your test, i give it a few weeks of learning how to drive the car, and building up confidence and you will be red lining it, as you put it.

Im sorry i dont care how mature you think you are for your age, you are going to red line your first car what ever you say. I do it in my car, and im sure every other person with their first car does it.

Im sure even mark did it in his first car. And if you want to pay that much for insurance then you obviously have more money than you know what to do with, in which case you can send some my way!:D

VaVa

Ooo... never knew you could play about with mods on elephant..... they want £200 for chip, zorst and filter for my 172, which sounds fairly reasonable to me..:devilish:

Little Newms do u mind me asking who are u insured with. I am 18 on my 182 under mums name with mods insured with elephant for £1788. Want to know if there is ne where betta.