ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone owning up!

was this accident near kidderminster ?, as there is a story behind it as told by a copper :( :drunk: as well as biker nearly :dead:

Clio Trophy
Still no one coming forawrd??

Apparently it was a Girl driving. And she came away with only a broken collar bone, which from looking at the car i'd say was very lucky indeed.

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
blink172 said:
No, its that not being able to drive thing.

Not having ABS isn't a problem if you drive within the limits of the road.

But we aren't all Stirling Moss giving our driving the 100% attention it deserves, so for these reasons, ABS on a road car is a must.

Steve

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
The insurance stats speak for themselves in favour of ABS, argue with the facts all you like but its kinda like winning the special olympics ;)

Yeh it's probably the one I see going along the A421 from Wootton towards Bedford nearly every day. With a '*** Cup' numberplate? Definitely a young lady driver cos I'm always a little surprised when I see girls driving Cups (don't ask me why...).

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
gazcaddy said:
so true, people blame the lack of ABS for people writing off 172cups but its to do with driving too fast

Not strictly true, people on here blame the ABS when they have no f**king idea how an accident occured. They jump to conclusions because its easier than using their brain.

Makes me a feel a little safer seeing those pics, they seem to have taken the impact very very well from what I imagine is a reasonably high speed impact.

A car should look like that these days after a big frontal impact. I've always wondered about the carbon bonnets etc actually, are they built to the exact same standard as the original one?

I thought CUP's didnt have ABS because they were more track/rally orientated. As surely having ABS isnt that much extra weight over NON-ABS.

As i'd imagine a proper rally/track driver wouldnt want ABS kicking in under heavy breaking in a race.

I found the CUP breaks excellent for feedback personally, and i could always tell when the car was on the verge of locking up under heavy breaking.

Megane Mk4
All I can say is if it wasn't for ABS I would've gone into the back of Joshydee on Sunday as I would've slid into the back of him :(
ABS is good for one thing only...

It allows you to steer without locking your wheels up ;)

Edit:- is there any pics from the back, someone might know the reg.

D

dick

i personally would prefer my ABS to kick in later, seems to kick in when its not required