ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone recommend a dealer in Edinburgh

My car is due its 36,000 mile service shortly and wondered if anyone knows a half decent dealer in the Edinburgh area. I have used Renault Edinburgh before and they are useless, so can anyone recommend any other dealers???

GR7

Shiny red R32

You could try the Renault dealer along Seafield Road (a bit east of Leith). I went there for my warranty work and they were excellent, nice people too.

It was at that time called Abercromby Renault, whereas now it has been bought by Arnold Clark and the name has changed. I dont know what it is like now or even if it has the same staff, but maybe someone else here knows.

Otherwise a trip over the Forth bridge might be worthwhile, as the Renault dealer in Dunfermline has a very good name and I gather they give a 15% discount to ClioSport members too.

Yes as GR says the dealer at Seafield is now Arnold Clark but despite this the service the last time I was there had not deteriorated from the reasonable level that it was at before! So give it a go and let us all know!

Cheers, I will try the Seafield branch - afterall they couldnt really be any worse than Renault Edinburgh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

has to be said I havent really had any problems with renault edinburgh, althoug if the seafield branch is really really good, then I might switch.

Arnold Clark have lost the Renault franchise and it is now Reg vardy but on the opposite side of the road across from Volvo. Rumour has it Reg Vardy are putting an offer in for Renault Edinburgh too. All Arnold Clarks warranty work is getting dealt with by Reg Vardy.

It looks like your right Reth, I just did a dealer search on Renaults website and Reg Vardy are listed at Sighthill.

Clio 1.6 16V

If youre willing to travel 20 miles I would highly recommend my dealer, Glenvargills in Dunfermline. Being a Cliosport member if you show them your card you will get a 15% discount. Ive treated them with respect and they have given me a good service in return. 01383 556100 and ask for either Debra or Cameron (mention my name Neil D with 172 and gold 1.6 16v). You will also get 15% off all parts there too (via Gary).

GR7

Shiny red R32

Oh no, not Reg Vardy!! They dont have such a good name and arent always that reliable. I know of two cars a while back, which they had newly MOTd and then sold and both cars should have FAILED the MOT as they had some serious failure problems. The independent garage that discovered these failures had put these cars on their ramps for their mechanics to check over for the lads who bought them and they advised them to tell Vardys of their findings. When they spoke to the manager (Seafield Road, Edinburgh), he became instantly agressive and he said that if his garage had issued MOTs then the cars were right.......

But they werent!! Trading Standards were called as were the AA who inspected the cars and found the same faults and they were pretty lucky not to have lost their MOT testing licence. They had to put these cars right plus pay compensation and I dont know if they still pass anything or whether they have improved.

:cry: